Oscraps

Are you a Veteran??

boblosan

1. Are you a veteran or the family member of a Veteran (or currently serving)? I am married to a Veteran
2. What military branch or country did you or your loved one serve? Bob Lewis - he served in the US Navy
3. Are you or your family member currently deployed and what country are they in? No
4. Did you or your loved one retire from the military? Yes, he did.

bunnieart

This is so nice.
I'm a veteran of the Army, and my husband just retired (Monday 9th) after 31 yrs in the Army. His acutal retirement date is 1 Feb '10, but he's got a lot of leave and such to use. Then in Jan he will be starting a new job with the Army as a civilian. Life as a military family has been 'interesting' but I'd do it all over again without a second thought.
Thanks to all those here who have served and are still serving. I truly believe it's an honor to be among you. :)))

WendyN

Family members in the Military Service.

We have two nephews who are serving in the Marine corps. at this moment. One stationed in Arizona and the other is a SGT and stationed in N. Carolina. We have a cousin who is serving in the Army and I am not sure where he is at at the moment. They've served in Iraq and Afganistan and we are VERY PROUD of them. My Brother in law is a former Marine and is now retired and he's the GREATEST!! Proud to be an American and so VERY Proud of our Military family :) Thank y'all for our Freedom!

SanDan

Veterans

I can't believe it took Veteran's Day to get me to post! I've been a huge fan of the O forever, it seems, but your shout out to veteran's has gotten me typing!

This past Sunday, as for all Veteran's Days, all veterans in the church are asked to stand - I'm always the only woman (I served in the Navy)! My husband is a vet - served 2 terms in Vietnam. And we are very proud of our youngest son who is an Army officer who also served 6 years as an enlisted man before going to college and getting his commission.

Thanks for the recognition!

Deni Selvig (SanDan)

Joni_va

How Neat!!

This even brought me out because I want to thank EACH of you for serving in our Armed Forces and Protecting Us, as Americans. WOW! There are a LOAD of Vets here. This is incredible. I am extremely proud to be among you ladies. Thank You So Much....

I am the middle daughter of a WWII Veteran who was discharged on Disability MANY years ago. Dad has since passed in April, 2004. Also my older sister was in the Air Force studying at Malcolm Grow Medical Center and came out of the Air Force as a Physician's Assistant. She received a wonderful degree through them and thankfully never did have to serve active duty.

I did move to VA from Coastal NC, very close to Cherry Point MCAS and not far from Seymour Johnson AFB and Fort Bragg, so I have many friends that are military or wives of active duty Military.

I especially wanted to say as I said above, I am Extremely Proud to be here among you ladies that have served or do serve in our Armed Forces.

Hoorah, Semper Fi and all that other stuff too!

BIG Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I wish I could reach through my monitor and hug each and every one of you!
Thank you and your loved ones, so very very much.

PatsFanGran

I am married to a retired career Marine. He spent 22 years in the Corps, and I was right beside him for 21 of those years. He did not see our son for the first time until our son was 10 months old.That was one of the hard things. Another was being alone with our 2 children watching on tv as then Pres. George Bush (Sr.) declared war, and I knew my husband would go. But we persevered, hung in there during the tough times and rejoiced during the happy times. We are still together, 35 years and are enjoying life, he in his second career, me in the job I love. We are truly blessed that we live in our country, and I truly am grateful for the sacrifices of so many. God Bless ALL of our servicemen and women and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. As we all know, Freedom isn't free.
I know I am past the deadline to submit, but I am proud of my Marine...and today is the 234th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Happy Birthday, Marines!

jls613

My father served in the Army during WWII.
My husband served 22 years in the Air Force and retired in 1998 prior to us being together.
My father in law retires after serving 28 years in the Army Air Corp which then became the Air Force and is a triple war vet. He served during WWII, Korean War, and 2 Tours in the Vietnam War.

LADCscrapmonkey

I know this is after the fact, but my father was a Vietnam era veteran. He served in the Army from about '66-'69. One of 2 men in his troop not actually sent to Vietnam (stationed in Germany instead) - I was born in the US while he was over in Germany, and then I lived for a short bit.
He shouldn't have been drafted (resided and taught school in a different state that had a teacher shortage, legally blind without his glasses, dislocating shoulder, etc.), but he still did his duty and did it well. He would give a talk every year on Veteran's Day at my high school about the meaning of Veteran's Day and why it was important to remember veterans and their service. It was always moving. My dad passed away in 2006, and I was proud to have the flag on his casket during his service.
In advance, I want to give one big salute to all those who are serving or have served in the armed forces - the rest of us owe a big debt of gratitude to them.

eajdewitt

My son retired in July after 24 years in the US Navy. He was a Master Diver and was awarded several honors and medals at a beautiful formal retirement ceremony in San Diego. We are very proud of him. His father also served in the Army for several years.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I am married to a retired career Marine. He spent 22 years in the Corps, and I was right beside him for 21 of those years. He did not see our son for the first time until our son was 10 months old.That was one of the hard things. Another was being alone with our 2 children watching on tv as then Pres. George Bush (Sr.) declared war, and I knew my husband would go. But we persevered, hung in there during the tough times and rejoiced during the happy times. We are still together, 35 years and are enjoying life, he in his second career, me in the job I love. We are truly blessed that we live in our country, and I truly am grateful for the sacrifices of so many. God Bless ALL of our servicemen and women and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. As we all know, Freedom isn't free.
I know I am past the deadline to submit, but I am proud of my Marine...and today is the 234th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Happy Birthday, Marines!

My father in law didn't see my husband until my mil traveled to Japan with her 6 month old (mr gorgeous!!) where my FIL was training fighter pilots in the Marines for the Vietnam war!! Semper Fi!!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
this is a really exciting thread!! I'm trying to keep from weeping...so i'm gonna go spend the evening with my military family to keep from blubbering!!! :)

hugs everyone! and Clara, thanks again for this!! :)

SerenitySheri

just sent you a pm Clara, hope I'm not too late. My daughter came home in September from her year long deployment to Iraq :D

bkay

Family of Veterans

Hope I'm not too late....My Grandfather was a WWII Veteran, 2 Uncles served in Vietnam, Brother in law is an Army Veteran, my Son is a Marine (served in Iraq), Nephew in the Navy and Significant other is a Marine Veteran. Veterans day means alot to our family.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hey guys!! I don't know who I can get included or not at this point but please leave this infor mation and I can do what I can...

1. Your full name
2. The veteran's full name, if not yourself
3. Branch of service
4. Relationship to the Veteran or servicemember
5. Deployments/Wars Veteran was involved in. Thanks so much. You can PM me this info or just put it here. Thanks guys.

mrstoa

mrstoa
I'll be waiting - you're kindness and remembrance is a blessing to everyone. Thank you so very much, Clara