Oscraps

An old listing of designers and the stores they are in...

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I was Googling yesterday and came across this old blog post of a listing of TONS of designers and the stores they are in! It is sad to see how many stores have closed and designers that have stopped designing :( I am listed on there as Jennifer Howland, I was at The Digi Chick at the time, and it says Scrap Quick is my second store...I don't even remember what that store was!!! :floorlaugh: Anyhoodle, I thought some of you guys who have been around since the early 2000's might enjoy looking at the list for the memories... :beatingheart:

angbrey

Wow that's quite a list!! So many shops I never heard of. I actually created a database of all of my purchased kits. It makes it easy when I do challenges and I need to know what store I purchased what at. So the main spreadsheet has everything on it, but I have pages for each shop. I have the kit name, a preview photo, the category, type, designer, shop and purchase price, lol. I have a second spreadsheet organized by designer so I know that I have from them. I love it!! It took me a long time to create it, but now it's just maintenance.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Wow that's quite a list!! So many shops I never heard of. I actually created a database of all of my purchased kits. It makes it easy when I do challenges and I need to know what store I purchased what at. So the main spreadsheet has everything on it, but I have pages for each shop. I have the kit name, a preview photo, the category, type, designer, shop and purchase price, lol. I have a second spreadsheet organized by designer so I know that I have from them. I love it!! It took me a long time to create it, but now it's just maintenance.
That is AWESOME!!!! You go, girl :bowdown::beatingheart:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Good grief, there were so many stores....... but quite a few after this time as well. Mscraps was one and there was a site called Marouuska or something like that and I was on the CT there. And some stores too, just think of them off the top of my head. What a big list designers too! I have not heard from a lot of them but quite a few very familiar!! lol!! What a rabbit hole to disappear down! :giggle4:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
What a bittersweet walk down memory lane. I have always been here at the O (@wombat146 says since Moses came down with the tablets :lol23: ) but I spend some time at NDISB, Two Peas in Bucket, Scrap Girls, and then Mscraps.
So sad to see how many are gone.
I was actually updating our CT list and found my little note about those tablets and had a giggle about that today!!!!!! :lol23::floorlaugh::rotfl:

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Good grief, there were so many stores....... but quite a few after this time as well. Mscraps was one and there was a site called Marouuska or something like that and I was on the CT there. And some stores too, just think of them off the top of my head. What a big list designers too! I have not heard from a lot of them but quite a few very familiar!! lol!! What a rabbit hole to disappear down! :giggle4:
I was at Mscraps for a while until it closed! It was a wonderful store :heartpumplove:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I recognize so many of them - so many that I was on their CT's and wondered where they had gone to as well. Seems so many just dropped off the face of the earth when certain stores closed. So sad!

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I recognize so many of them - so many that I was on their CT's and wondered where they had gone to as well. Seems so many just dropped off the face of the earth when certain stores closed. So sad!
I know...I had gotten to know so many of them at the different stores I was in, chatting at DST, actually talking on the phone with several of them! And then also seeing that they quit designing when they were SO GOOD!! Amanda Rockwell and Jen Wilson were two of my favorites...it is sad to not see their beautiful creations anymore :crying1:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I know...I had gotten to know so many of them at the different stores I was in, chatting at DST, actually talking on the phone with several of them! And then also seeing that they quit designing when they were SO GOOD!! Amanda Rockwell and Jen Wilson were two of my favorites...it is sad to not see their beautiful creations anymore :crying1:
Ronna Penner (CT member for years), Jen Wilson, Amy Stoffel (Where are you Amy????), Agnes Lahur (was on her CT), HuniBuni ( on her CT), Created By Jill (on her CT), Dianne Rigdon (CT), Gina Cabrera (my dream team back then - I got 2 guest CTs), Jen Ulasiewicz used to make such awesome realistic woodsy items, Miki Ferkel (for very different designs people weren't doing yet!) Ohhhhh and Miss Mint - loved her!!!, Natalie Braxton introduced me to strings and things and The Lily Pad. I loved all her little jewels!!!, and who can EVER forget the Shabby Princess!!!! So many of us started out with her fantastic freebies, Vera Lim (CT)

Wow...what a blast through the past!

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Ronna Penner (CT member for years), Jen Wilson, Amy Stoffel (Where are you Amy????), Agnes Lahur (was on her CT), HuniBuni ( on her CT), Created By Jill (on her CT), Dianne Rigdon (CT), Gina Cabrera (my dream team back then - I got 2 guest CTs), Jen Ulasiewicz used to make such awesome realistic woodsy items, Miki Ferkel (for very different designs people weren't doing yet!) Ohhhhh and Miss Mint - loved her!!!, Natalie Braxton introduced me to strings and things and The Lily Pad. I loved all her little jewels!!!, and who can EVER forget the Shabby Princess!!!! So many of us started out with her fantastic freebies, Vera Lim (CT)

Wow...what a blast through the past!
Oh yes, loved many of them...so many of them were genuinely NICE, too!!! Ah, Shabby Princess...I always loved her site design, too!

Kythe

CHEERY O
Ha ha At the moment I feel like Moses never mind the tablets!
I was at several of the ones on the list as a CT then went to the Digi Chick for many years.It was so sad when Kim passed away. She was so talented and kind. After than I was lucky enough to be asked to come here where I have stuck like glue.