Oscraps

A sad day for freedom

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Sorry to post this, but this really shosked me this morning and needed to share.

For those who haven't heard about this terrorist attack in the heart of Paris, you can read the details on the BBC site:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

There hadn't been such an important terrorist attack for decades in France.
I am still under shock. My thoughts go to the families of the 12 victims.

I just want to thank all the courageous people and journalists that defend our freedom of expression every day in the world.

Bush Girl

A very sad day indeed, Sabine.

My husband works for a French company here in London and says the mood has been very sombre there today. Shocking, terrible news.

petey111

Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy. We all know how it can not only affect those personally, but all across the country and the world emotionally.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Oh dear how sad!! Sending prayers to your whole country. I know that it feels like a bit of your innocence is gone now! At least that is how it felt when it happened here. It is hard to comprehend that they think they are doing this in the name of their GOD! Really do they think their God would want this to happen?? I don't understand it!! :(

Romy

that is unbelievable, in the very heart of France....still shaking my head in disbelieve

Monique1971

Monique1971
It is totally unbelievable. So sad and why?? Why did this had to happen. Why can't people just live in peace and be nice to each other.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
This is so shocking !!!
I can't believe what is happening to this world ?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is totally unbelievable. So sad and why?? Why did this had to happen. Why can't people just live in peace and be nice to each other.

Yes, I totally agree.
I am so sad to hear all of this, been following it since yesterday morning (Yes, I am a news junkie). It makes my heart hurt.
Some of the other cartoonist around the world have made some amazing tributes.

val

785623.jpg

:(

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
So many horrific happenings over the past few years. It is heart breaking. Praying for your nation, the leaders and especially the parents who have to explain these horrors to their children. I am so sorry for you and your family Sabine. Hugs.

whatnext

an outrage. there is no other word for it. there can be NO reason for something like this. Je Suis Charlie.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Hubby and me were speechless when they showed over and over the news and footage on Japanese TV... I just wanted to cry. I still feel anger and incomprehension and sadness rushing back when I type this... Those fanatics turn the Coran sayings to whatever they please and it's something ugly. I'm scared to put on tv again... My heart goes to the family and colleagues...

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Yes, I totally agree.
I am so sad to hear all of this, been following it since yesterday morning (Yes, I am a news junkie). It makes my heart hurt.
Some of the other cartoonist around the world have made some amazing tributes.

Specially loves the cover designed by Dave Brown for The Independent: it is so reflecting the spirit of Charlie Hebdo.