Oscraps

A Blast from the Past - Genealogy in the Gallery

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I found this yearbook page on Ancestry of my Mother and her forever friend, Toby. I found some others as well. I'll send them to Momma when I can stop running for a bit. I think she has never seen some of them and will be surprised to find her father played football and ran track. His heart was bad from childhood viruses so who would-ve thunk it?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I think I said - in the beginning - that I didn't have much to share. I did this page quite awhile ago, too. I found this picture in a box of my husband's stuff.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Let me introduce you all to my great great grandmother Lisa

Her life was hard. Poor and hard work. Often involving having to move (which in those days meant walking a looong distant to where the work was). Some parts of her life, she lived a vagabond life style. She and her husband had 7 children, one of them drowned when he was only 10 years old. 3 sons emigrated to America.

Her daughter Emma later became the mother of my father's father. He was born out of wedlock, and never knew who his father was. A couple of years ago, I managed, with the help of genetic genealogy, "nail" the man who was his father. Even though they were almost neighbors for a couple of years, he never acknowledged his son.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I made this page when I first started here. I'm going through my gallery to see if I have more in there. This is a photograph of my husband's grandparents.

This is just beautiful, Cheryl! I love the symbolism of the eyes in the frame looking back into the past. Wonderful!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Let me introduce you all to my great great grandmother Lisa

Her life was hard. Poor and hard work. Often involving having to move (which in those days meant walking a looong distant to where the work was). Some parts of her life, she lived a vagabond life style. She and her husband had 7 children, one of them drowned when he was only 10 years old. 3 sons emigrated to America.

Her daughter Emma later became the mother of my father's father. He was born out of wedlock, and never knew who his father was. A couple of years ago, I managed, with the help of genetic genealogy, "nail" the man who was his father. Even though they were almost neighbors for a couple of years, he never acknowledged his son.
Eva, thank you for introducing us|! I firmly believe we are the sum pof those who came before us. We know things we shouldn't know without being told, eh? It's called historic memory! This is such a lovely LO and a great tribute to Lisa!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
You have the best photos! This one is such a treasure!
Thanks so much, Susan!! I'm about to exhaust my stash - but I have some boxes to go through. I don't know if you saw my post (don't even remember where I posted it) but I lost SO many old pictures in a flood that we had in our basement when we lived up in Michigan. We had a finished basement and we knew that part of it had flooded from upstairs, but we had so many storage rooms and didn't know that 2 of them had also flooded until it was too late. I thought I had my pictures stored safely. It was devastating.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Thanks so much, Susan!! I'm about to exhaust my stash - but I have some boxes to go through. I don't know if you saw my post (don't even remember where I posted it) but I lost SO many old pictures in a flood that we had in our basement when we lived up in Michigan. We had a finished basement and we knew that part of it had flooded from upstairs, but we had so many storage rooms and didn't know that 2 of them had also flooded until it was too late. I thought I had my pictures stored safely. It was devastating.
I can only imagine, Cheryl! I lost some stuff in a flooded basement, too, and cried for weeks whenever I thought about it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I can only imagine, Cheryl! I lost some stuff in a flooded basement, too, and cried for weeks whenever I thought about it.
Oh Susan, I'm sorry for your loss! It's just devastating! I've never gotten over it. That was kind of before there was an easy way to copy them - I have a scanner on my phone now that's amazing! The scanner I had was just mediocre - we've come a long way in the past few years!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Oh Susan, I'm sorry for your loss! It's just devastating! I've never gotten over it. That was kind of before there was an easy way to copy them - I have a scanner on my phone now that's amazing! The scanner I had was just mediocre - we've come a long way in the past few years!
A scanner for your phone? Please share! That's amazing!