Oscraps

52 Project 2017

felis

So shiny car, Jean, congrats and trouble-free driving!
I'm almost ready with my page, but translation will take me time. Hope to can add it later today!

Last edited by a moderator:

felis

My little 'journey' this week made me seriously to ponder do I'm honest with myself, when I complain that I live too monotony.

scrap-genie

I assembled this more than a week ago, but it wasn't until I finished week 46 that I got myself motivated to do the journaling and finish this one. Don't know why!

scrap-genie

We aren't doing too well encouraging each other to keep up. I owe three weeks now but don't have time yet. Right now I'm just taking a mini break from working on the book. Love what you did for week 47!

felis

Hehe, Jean, I'm afraid we encouraging each other to procrastinate. I really struggling with the text these weeks, but will do them till the end of the month. I think for cover too, but maybe will add it later.

felis

I'm in such a good and festive mood today, so it's difficult to me to take back and scrap these blue weeks, but I'm already too backward, so had to do it.

felis

IMPORTANT note
I just bought my 52 and Friends for 52 Inspirations 2018 {SUBSCRIPTION} and I'm so happy! :cheer2:
BUT is you are subscribed for 2017 first check your mailbox for one surprising gift or you'll miss it like I did, and I created the headaches to Vicki, this lovely girl who fixed my mess!

Last edited by a moderator:

scrap-genie

Felis!! Congratulations on catching up. I'm so proud of you. But sorry that you had a disappointment to scrap, still that's part of what it's about.

Since I've got the beginnings of two weeks done, I know I'll still get there. And I too got the great deal on the 2018 52 Inspirations. Thanks for the reminder.

felis

Jean, don't worry you still have whole week, and I actually don't see reason to not continue with it even after that. It matters just project to be finished, not exactly when. Don't worry at all!
And Here is my Christmas edition:

scrap-genie

Felis, what a cheerful, pretty page for week 51. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I tried to write about week 48 last night and can't remember why I went to the senior center that day. I'm working backwards, so think I'll go ahead and post weeks 49 and 50 which are done.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I've so enjoyed watching you ladies through this project! Can't wait to see you finish, you're so close now! Truly inspiring!

scrap-genie

Felis, I'm so happy to have caught up now, and here you are with a cover! Good for you. When I printed my 2013 book, I was in a hurry to use a coupon, had designed a front cover, but not a back. I picked a LO from the year that I especially liked for the back. Maybe I'll do that for 2017 and use my "Who Not What" one with the two crows on a branch. Anyway, here's week 51.

felis

I couldn't found the file where I wrote the translated text, so will add it later, but here is my last week.

felis

Felis, I'm so happy to have caught up now, and here you are with a cover! Good for you. When I printed my 2013 book, I was in a hurry to use a coupon, had designed a front cover, but not a back. I picked a LO from the year that I especially liked for the back. Maybe I'll do that for 2017 and use my "Who Not What" one with the two crows on a branch.

Jean, I even not plan to print it. But I want to be completed. This idea with the LO for back cover is very clever, I know which one you mean.

This project was so fun 'travel', thank you for share it with me! Definitely will missing me your daily photos, but I'm also curious to see what you'll decided for the next year! I don't know why you refute me to the others :eek2::mrgreen:, I honestly find your life for very interesting, especially with all wildlife photos.

scrap-genie

Felis, congratulations on making the journey through the weeks of 2017. I appreciated sharing it with you. It helps me so much to have a friend along the way.

For me this madness began so simply in 2008 when the owner of my digital scrapbook site (no longer in business) proposed a challenge for January to take a photo each day and scrap it. That meant 31 pages for the month. I did it and by the end of January thought I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for photo ideas. I thought I was done. Then she suggested I keep going. How I agreed to that eludes me. I did the project with 366 pages for the year. Believe me, Jan. 1, 2009 saw me staying well away from my camera!

By 2010 some of us at that site joined in doing monthly pages. I did a two-page LO for each month. Sadly, the site ended in October of 2010 and my support group pretty much disbanded. I kept at it through March of 2011. It was not a photo a day, but representative ones for the month.

In 2013 and 2014 a few of us here at Oscraps posted our weekly LOs, mine back to a photo a day. I didn't do it in 2015 or 2016 but by then was missing it. So here I am having almost finished 2017 in the same manner.

I don't yet know what I'll do in 2018, but if you continue the project, I think I'd like to try weekly pages, but with a different approach. The NBK people are having a project, but they are using Facebook and I don't do FB, so that won't work for me.

Sorry if I offended about my "interesting" life. Those wildlife photos are most often just in my backyard, so things I see every day. Also my photo subjects sometimes seem so repetitive having done the same subjects every year. It's all a matter of perspective.

Sorry to run on so long, but I've been wanting to put in writing the paths I've taken on the projects.

Again, congratulations! Love that you did everything including covers and the list of prompts.