Oscraps

2022-08 Rachel Jefferies August Mixed Media Challenge ****CLOSED***WINNER ANNOUNCED*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Just like that we are into a brand new month. In the US, it's a busy month as we are sending the kids back to school and secretly I am cheering at that!! LOL.

For August, our challenge is to create a digital collage. The guidelines for this challenge will be broad since this is our first challenge like this. If you need some ideas, check out this Pinterest Board that Rachel has that is bursting full of ideas.

• Create a collage layout, there are only a couple limits to this layout and they are indicated below. Let your creativity take you away on this one and have fun with it.
  • You may add a photo if you wish, but not required
  • You may add journaling if you wish, but not required.
  • You may use up to 3 of Rachel's Mixed Media stacks as part of your composition
  • Rachel's Collage Papers are NOT allowed for this challenge.
  • Templates are NOT allowed for this challenge.
  • Rachel's Collabs that are in her store at Oscraps are allowed.

Here's a layout created by me:
IgOhdqa.jpg

Here's another example from the Team:
by @Dady
UTsUJrQ.jpg

by @marijke
9oOT5xp.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook layout that follows the challenge guidelines above AND that uses 100% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until August 31, 2022

Prizes:
  • ONE lucky random winner will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • For even more chances to win a prize, you can also submit this layout for Rachel's Red Carpet game found in the O Games forum.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

Last edited:

Veronika

very interesting Challenge....
I have a question - what exactly is a "collage layout" as opposed to a "normal" layout?
What is different, what do I have to pay attention to?
what am I allowed to do, what am I not allowed to do?
Sorry for the naive question, but I didn't know the expression "Collage Layout" yet....

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
very interesting Challenge....
I have a question - what exactly is a "collage layout" as opposed to a "normal" layout?
What is different, what do I have to pay attention to?
what am I allowed to do, what am I not allowed to do?
Sorry for the naive question, but I didn't know the expression "Collage Layout" yet....

In the non digital format a collage is a mixture of photos, ephemera, different materials, magazine tidbits etc all pieced and glued down to create a page/layout.

There are also photo collages where the whole design is based on different size photos placed together to create a look.

For this challenge there is no set structure, this challenge is looking for the the use of the different elements (paper bits, ephemera, paper etc) all pieced together to create a look. It’s doing the similar process of a non digital collage in a digital format. It’s the combining of the different papers, mixed media, (photos if you choose) to create a look. In a normal layout the photo tends to be the focal point and in the collage that isn’t necessarily the case, it’s about smaller parts that make up the whole look.

There are different approaches to a collage as well and that is ok. Some of the examples above piece a lot of media to create their look and others use less and use more paper.

Hope this helps.

Veronika

Thank you very much for the fantastic explanation, I think I understand it and I will definitely try it!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @01lousmith you are the winner of this month's challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon details. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know so that I can work to resolve it.

a HUUUUUGGGGGEEEE thank you to all who participated in the challenge. I loved each and every one of your layouts and found inspiration in all of them. You all ROCK! Hope to see you for September Challenge as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.