Oscraps

♥ Love of the Dark Side ♥ Challenge with Joyful Heart Designs - October 2023

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I have a MAJOR love for all things spooky and dark, and Halloween is my favorite holiday :flyingwitch: If you are like me, join me in celebrating the dark side...if you dare...muahahahahaaaa :vamp1::giggle4:
:spider1:
I am SURE that all of you expect this month to be about Halloween.... DUH!! Of COURSE it will be!!! :giggle4: Alrighty, for this glorious month of October, your challenge is to create a layout about your favorite Halloween memory/costume/or feel free to jump in with your favorite scary movies, anything spooooooooky that happened to you, OR a story that was told to you...I know that there are people who do not do Halloween, so I am opening this up to just good old general spookiness :grimreaper:

:voodoodoll: THE RULES:

♥ Use 50% of Joyful Heart Designs products. You are welcome to mix and match with any other designer here at Oscraps :beatingheart:
♥ Please credit all products that were used in your layout, and be sure to list which Joyful Heart Designs products you used.
♥ Post your layout in the Joyful Heart Designs gallery and then come back here and post the link to your layout.
♥ The DEADline to complete this challenge is 12am midnight CST time October 31, 2023.

I will be choosing THREE winners who will each receive a $5 coupon to use in my store :heartpumppink:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
♥ Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon [ little camera ].
♥ This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
♥ Your linked layout is now in your post; the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
:spider1:
I can't wait to see what you spooky little chickadees create!!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, I just had to do this one. I still get the giggles when I remember our visit to the graveyard in Gatwick.

On a trip from Cairo to the US, my friend and I spent the night in Gatwick, England. We wandered into an old church graveyard. As we walked around all the large gravestones and above the ground crypts, a crazy mood struck us both. We donned her black cape and posed behind an above the ground moss covered crypt acting as if we had become vampires. We laughed ourselves silly... then stumbled out of the graveyard hoping that no one had seen 2 silly Americans acting like crazy people.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh, I just had to do this one. I still get the giggles when I remember our visit to the graveyard in Gatwick.

On a trip from Cairo to the US, my friend and I spent the night in Gatwick, England. We wandered into an old church graveyard. As we walked around all the large gravestones and above the ground crypts, a crazy mood struck us both. We donned her black cape and posed behind an above the ground moss covered crypt acting as if we had become vampires. We laughed ourselves silly... then stumbled out of the graveyard hoping that no one had seen 2 silly Americans acting like crazy people.

That sounds like an awesome time!!! :giggle4: :beatingheart: Awesome spooky layout, Kay!! Thanks for participating :heartpumplove:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Your papers are just incredible Jenn and I knew that I had to scrap some drinks:
Thank you, Chrisl!!! I'll take three of those drinks please, and a few potions :giggle4::flyingwitch: Such a pretty purple drink!! Love the purple raven, as well :beatingheart: Thank you for participating!!

Su_Sanne

Unfortunately, there is no typical Halloween festival in Germany. Especially in the villages, Germans decorate their houses with pumpkins and straw dolls. The children in delightful costumes can see where they can beg for some sweets by the illuminated pumpkins That's why I can't contribute anything really scary. But I can create a layout for you. :spider1:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to scrap about. When we were in grade school, we had to walk about a mile to get to school. The shortest route was through a cemetery, and it was full of beautiful big monuments. There was one monument, right by the road, that had eyes that followed us and was always looking at us. We would move around to see if her eyes followed us and they always did. It was especially fun around Halloween time. Urban legend? Perhaps, but we totally believed that the statue was looking at us and following our every move with her eyes.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to scrap about. When we were in grade school, we had to walk about a mile to get to school. The shortest route was through a cemetery, and it was full of beautiful big monuments. There was one monument, right by the road, that had eyes that followed us and was always looking at us. We would move around to see if her eyes followed us and they always did. It was especially fun around Halloween time. Urban legend? Perhaps, but we totally believed that the statue was looking at us and following our every move with her eyes.

LOVE the layout, and the story!!! The monument you used is gorgeous...and yeah, situations where eyes follow you is always creepy!!! I am sure there is something artistic that they do to make it appear that way....lol It kind of reminds me of a linkware set that I created back in the early 2000's...I had two different ones that used statues from graveyards.... :beatingheart:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
One of our family tales from my father-in-law makes a great Halloweeny two-pager :)

I want to meet Susie now!!!!!! :love: Excellent layouts....such a great two pager story!! Thank you so much for participating in my challenge :lovey3::flyingwitch::glowskull: