Oscraps

March Challenge #1 - Creative Techniques

melscrap

CHEERY O
This is such a cool technique Ona! Thanks for the tutorial. Here's what I came up with. I started with something completely different, but somehow the creative process and Maya's overlays led me here...

isDK

Thanks for the challenge. I know you said it wouldn't work, but I wanted to try it and I liked it. ;) The only big tree on the refuge I think.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Ona, I am having a weird problem. Here is the image before I hit Control+Shift+Alt+E.

Screenshot-2024-03-07-103356.jpg

Here is what happens when I hit Control+Shift+Alt+E. Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Screenshot-2024-03-07-104616.jpg

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@wombat146 Don't worry about it. When I added a texturize filter to the photo first then I could use the Control+Shift+Alt+E just fine. Who knows. And I decided to do an extraction anyway which also worked. Weird.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@scribler Using that merging step will give you a fair indication of what happen when everything below it is merged......... and it will to a certain degree look different to what you see on your screen. I am glad that you continued to play with your photo though and tried some other filters, it really does come back to the photo itself, no two black and white photos will ever work in exactly the same way because of the 'data' within the photo itself, the depth of field, shutter speed etc etc. So you do need to experiment and tweak your settings......... maybe I am a nerd that way but I love doing that part! lol! :)

janedee

Great technique challenge Ona! Thank you.
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I tried to follow along on CC, but I just got it again and I'm very rusty. I did the best I could using Photoshop Elements 2023. I did the Threshold filter and the grain and the noise. I'm not completely happy with the "grunge look" and might try it again. I do like the overall look of my layout though. Thanks for the tutorial, Ona and I'm going to keep trying to figure out how to do it more to my liking. I just wanted to have a go at it.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well .............. what can I say but.................. :yourock::bowdown2: what an array of awesome layouts!! You gals are soooooooo talented and creative! :lovey3:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have been blown away with all the very creative and unique layouts that were created for this challenge this month! You ALL are so very talented and I really like how every layout is a stand out in it's own right! Fantastic work everyone and thanks so much for joining me. xxxx :heartpumpred: