Oscraps

Vintage Rose
zlemon

Vintage Rose

One of my fondest childhood summer memories is of my cranky Grandmother's garden. She WAS a cranky old lady, but she sure had a way with plants. Her fresh garden tomatoes were simply amazing. But her roses were the star of the garden. The big blooms bursting with color were breathtaking and then some. As a kid, I went through a phase where I drew endless rose bouquets with my colored pencils. I had to help her weed just to get the "privilege" to pick a few for my artsy playing. Anyway, this APP reminds me of those daysand of late summer blooms. Photo by my fav photog who's trained to snap any pretty flower he sees.

Supplies:
ArtPlay Palette Vintage Summer **Buy the Bundle, Get 4 More Products Free**
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/AnnaRelease-25-July-2014.html

Process notes:
I opened up the ArtsyPaper No. 4 from ArtPlay Palette Vintage Summer and placed my photo in the upper left cornerthe paper already has the perfect place for it. I placed a MultiLayered FotoBlendz No. 8, and clipped it to my photo. I added a mask to the mask and masked out some areas to create a smoother blend. I merged the photo/mask layers and applied two PhotoShop filters, colored pencil and poster edges, also reduced opacity to 82%. I added three transfers from the APP behind the masked art to simulate a vintage watercolor look. I duplicated the photo and moved it to the right side. I masked out most of the flower using the same mask, reduced the size and merged the layers. I then added some brushwork to match the look of the big rose. WordART and splatter were the final touches.

Thanks for looking. :)
This would make a sumptuous greeting card! Loved reading the backstory about your cranky Grandmother's green thumb and your early colored pencil bouquets!

Beautiful photo treatment of the rose and love the gorgeous colors!

Luscious colors. Bravo to the fave photog and to you for displaying the flowers so beautifully.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout