Oscraps

The Pledge of Allegiance
As we in the US celebrate our Independence Day, it was been brought to light that Francis Bellamy (author of the Pledge of Allegiance, who was born in the next town from mine) may not be the original author, that he may have plagiarized it. However, he did promote the oath with one word change, from inseparable to indivisible, in a magazine for teens, The Youth's Companion, with a campaign to place a flag in every classroom in the America. Happy 4th of July!
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Reactions: ksacry
Interesting story to the existence of the Pledge of Allegiance. Love the watery red, white and blue bg to display your photos. Happy Fourth!

I love your layout! Thanks for the history lesson. I remember saying the pledge everyday in school.

I've always loved your 4th of July pages, and again you don't disappoint. Love every detail that contributes to the whole sense of patriotism and a festive spirit, and yay for it being yet another joy ride page. :D

Such an interesting story that I did not know. Such a great page. Love the red and blue paint with the blended flag. Great combination of photos too.

Trust you to dig up the real scoop! Thanks for that! I love the lovely presentation, too, and the imagery is wonderful.

Interesting story. I really like the redlined version. Terrific set of photos for this patriotic page.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename