Oscraps

The National Hotel
Just down the road and around the bend from my house is a national landmark that was built in 1840. It has quite a history.
Credits list
Artplay Gallivant Collection
Artplay Palette Gallivant
Gallivant FotoBlendz 1
Travel WordART Mix 3

Travel Template Album 6 (page 7)
MultiMedia Clocks 1 (gear)
MultiMedia Kindred (string)

Process
Page 7 of the Travel Template Album 6 was opened up. A solid paper from APP Gallivant was used as the foundation of the page. Gallivant FotoBlendz_1 was substituted for the fotoblendz mask on the template. The image of the National Hotel was clipped to the new fotoblendz mask, duplicated with the blending mode changed to hard light (reduced opacity). The smaller photos were clipped to the frame masks (the sketched image was downloaded from the internet). The stains of the template were recolored. Transfers and embellishments from the kit were added. The page was completed by adding journaling and word art.

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
Just perfect! A great story! love the extracted sign and the addition of the sketches! Are you doing a local travel album?

Just perfect! A great story! love the extracted sign and the addition of the sketches! Are you doing a local travel album?
No big trips planned for the summer, so I thought it would be fun to be driven around in the "little white corvette" visiting all of the historic landmarks in my county. It's going to be part of the Travel Album. Also learning lots of local history!

This sounds so fun--to visit places that are near to your home. So often we think we have to go far to find points of interest when, amazingly, they are right in our own backyard.
Love your travel vehicle!!

I'd go! Looks like it's a restaurant and a wonderful tribute to the underground railroad. Yay! Love it and you live in a lovely part of NY.

Beautiful! I love the extraction and shadowing on the signage! I need to review your extraction blog, so I can clean my extractions. I can't resist them! I think it comes from cutting out everything with my scissors and x-acto knife.

What a grand project, great art. I hope you’re stopping and dining in each one. Let me know if you need any company…

Super idea for your project. The extracted sign looks great. And I'm sure you look great going from spot to spot in your little white corvette.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename