Oscraps

My Dad 1922
ksacry

My Dad 1922

Text Reads: My dad, Charles Wolf, was a little tyke in 1922. All the pictures of him around 2 years of age also have either his older sister, Katie, age 5, or his older brother, Joe, age 4. After the first 3 in what was to be a family of 15, you forget about taking pictures. Font: Baskerville Old Face

Construction: I started the background with ArtPlay MiniPalette Yare Solid Paper #1 and placed Solid Paper #2 over the top with Multiply blending at 48%. I then placed the minipalette’s ArtsyTransfer. I added leaves transfers from the Relative ArtsyLayered Template.
I placed Relative FotoBlendz No 1 #2 and clipped my photo to masks #1 & 2. I extracted the children and blended 3 different blending modes and recolored with photo filter adjustment.
I placed MultiMedia Trees No 1 #3, then placed the MiniPalette Yare White Oval Frame, clipping my photo to the mask. I duplicated the frame, blended Multiply at 70%. I also played with the shadowing. I added the Lace from the miniPalette in 2 placed and added a shadow.
Embelishments: I duplicated the leaf from MultiMedia Trees No 1 #3 and placed at the bottom of the grasses over the frame. I used the BONUS MultiMedia Trees No 1 #5 Stamen and urbanthreadz, recoloring the stamen slightly. Then I duplicated that for the right edge.
The title “Roots” is from Family WordART Mix No 4.
Credits list
ArtPlay Relative Collection is On Sale Now
ArtPlay Relative Collection
ArtPlay Palette Relative
Relative FotoBlendz No 1
MultiMedia Trees No 1
Family WordArt Mix No 4

ArtPlay MiniPalette Yare is Free with a $20 purchase from aA Designs. Valid November 23rd to 27th at Midnight CST.
ArtPlay MiniPalette Yare
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
What a precious photo! It sounds like you are fortunate that your dad was one of the oldest three. I like that part of your journaling that tells just a bit more of the story of his life. Love the title work on this and the tree!

Agree,with the others, love it, love the flow across the page with so many interesting elements. Stunning layout.

what a lovely photo of your father and his sibling. Very atmospheric and great clustering.
Precious heritage page

Perfectly composed. Great heritage layout and LOL at that last line of journaling. It's so true.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-relative-ksacry-my-dad-1922.jpg
File size
251 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout