Oscraps

Roots and Wings
NAdams

Roots and Wings

AnnaLift Challenge inspired by helenedubois.

Jim Phillips and Orlean Horton were married in 1905. The union tied two families together. The family grew through difficult times: a baby lost to influenza, depression, debts, share cropping, droughts, and world wars, They remained strong in their faith and in each other. They gave their children roots and wings.
Credits list
ArtPlay Palette Relative Collection
Artplay Palette Relative Artsy Paper creates the foundation. Relative FotoBlendz no. 1 was placed in the upper left corner and the photo was clipped to it. The Blending Mode was adjusted to Overlay. The same photo is used in the palette square frame. Some of the spots on the old photo were "healed". The Multimedia Trees element was placed along the edge of the blended photo. The twig frame was placed with the square gold frame. The element bird was placed for an accent. Brushes and overlays were added to the layers. The title is 3 layers of scripted text, word transfers, and a brush. The brush was recolored and a small shadow was added.

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
What a lovely image to have..I like both the blended image and the framed one too.The roots make the images pop. Great tribute.

A tribute to these people who were able to discern the importance of providing both roots and wings during difficult times. A very nice heritage page!

wonderful memory of your ancestors. I like the beautiful blending and repetition of the photo with this pretty and timely frame.

Great heritage page. I like the two different versions of the photo, and the way you used the roots frame leading to the threadz and cluster.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
NAdams
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-palette-relative-nadams-roots and wings.jpg
File size
219.7 KB
Date taken
Fri, 24 November 2023 4:12 PM
Dimensions
800px x 800px

Share this layout