Oscraps

Mother Chaney
Journaling reads:
Gran, you have no idea how hard I danced the happy dance when I found this photo of your youngest and his family! So far, your photo and his are the closest I have to an image for my 2X great grandmother, Eliza. I was amazed to find you on the 1900 census, age 90, still working as a dressmaker, and wondered who granddaughter Ethel, who lived with you, belonged to - and here she is! She was a dressmaker, too, but I’m guessing she was too young here. She is probably 8 or 9. The littlest looks about 2 so this would be around 1890. Did you make the beautiful dresses in this photo? One day I’ll be able to ask you and we can have a nice long chat over biscuits and tea. I want to know about Eliza, please!
Top image of obit Nancy Greenwade Chaney
Bottom: Alice “Allie” at back, center l-r Ethel, Asbury Bascum “Pete”, Sarah Boone, front l-r Allston “Boone” and Carrie Chaney

Vicky's Junque Journal 3 made this LO a snap. I used no blending simply started with the background, added elements, stamps, and paint until I liked the composition then added the photos and journaling. Pretty straightforward.
Credits list
Junque Journal 03 by Vicki Robinson
Scribble Text 01 Brushes/Stamps by Vicki Robinson
Font: John Lennon
Photos are mine and in the public domain
  • Wow
Reactions: Amandajk and lacy
I can feel the excitement in your 'voice' about finding this picture!! You scrapped it so beautifully and the elements you chose work perfectly for a dressmaker!!

Wow! What a fabulous find. How wonderful that you found your Gran on the 1900 census. She lived a long life. Splendid design and element choices, especially the dress form.

Fabulous vintage layout. I know that excitement of adding a new piece of information or photo to your family history. I like your journaling that expresses both your feelings and thoughts about the ancestors.

Layout information

Category
Vicki's Creative Team Inspiration
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename