Oscraps

May Art Journaling Challenge Week 1 {Dia de los Muertos}
Cherylndesigns

May Art Journaling Challenge Week 1 {Dia de los Muertos}

I was inspired by the mood board, specifically the Dia de los Muertos image. While I don't have any Mexican heritage, I'm inextricably drawn to this holiday. Because it falls on November 1st and 2nd, it has been "lumped" in with Halloween. Dia de los Muertos (The Day of The Dead) is not a macabre celebration, but one of rememberpng loved ones who have gone on before and celebrating their lives. I'm particularly fond of the sugar skulls.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. NLD Designs
  2. Vicki Robinson Designs
  • Love
Reactions: Vicki Robinson
You have really changed my mind about sugar skulls and Dia de los Muertos! Beautiful take on the challenge. I love the black rose in the middle and the pumpkin as a sugar skull!

You have really changed my mind about sugar skulls and Dia de los Muertos! Beautiful take on the challenge. I love the black rose in the middle and the pumpkin as a sugar skull!
It's a beautiful and symbolic rememberance, Susie. Not at all what we think of as Halloween. It's very sacred and full of love and just revering our loved ones who have passed on ahead of us. Thanks for including the image in your mood board. I love educating people as to what this is all about.

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
Cherylndesigns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename