Oscraps

Hoping They'd Listen
This page was created for this month's challenge #3 - One Word. The prompt was LISTEN. Thank you for looking. The journaling reads:

The other day I bought a book called
'I'd Listen to My Parents if They'd Just Shut Up - What to Say and Not Say When Parenting Teens'...

There were some raised eyebrows and mocking scoffs when I announced this during dinner... and a few reluctant chuckles when I read a couple of paragraphs aloud... To be clear, there is no breakdown in communication in our family - we have dinners together every school night, go out for sushi or watch an occasional movie on weekends - all as a family... And at times, they do heed our advice...

Yet to say that they actually listen would be mostly wishful thinking. The clamoring of their peers - and that of TikTok celebrities - is so loud it drowns out the little bits of wisdom we'd like to share. And so I bought the said book because I keep hearing this soft whisper inside my head telling me 'there must be a way to reach them'. I may not have much to say, but of all the things I'd love my kids to hear... these two are the most impostant ones...
Excellent. I especially like the quote about the door. They may not always listen but they remember. Nice that you are able to have dinner together every night. So much of that has been lost with the distractions technology has brought to our lives.

Wonderful art journal page. Such great journaling. Best wishes in reaching your goal of kids actually listening.

Excellent. I especially like the quote about the door. They may not always listen but they remember. Nice that you are able to have dinner together every night. So much of that has been lost with the distractions technology has brought to our lives.

The struggle is reall... lol... as you can imagine, they KNOW everything

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata