Oscraps

Dreams Are Free
This page - created for this month's Challenge 4 - make your own clipping mask - was born out of my recent conversation with my daughter. At the sweet age of 16 she has many dreams and hopes and we talked about how - paradoxically - doing what one wants never gets what one wants... Although the layout itself didn't take me long, I spent quiet a while staring at the page replaying our conversation in my head, adding and deleting elements as if it were some sort of art therapy session. And thinking how I should handle a similar conversation with my 14-year old son. Which resulted in my page looking completely different from what I had initially envisioned. But I like the light-dark duality of it and how dream and work are part of the same two-page spread - the elegant white space with neat word arts and the untidy mask with its messy splatters of the daily grind.

Thank you for looking.

To see the mask I created and the elements used - visit my post here
Incredible-- all of it, Love the mask you made and the curled paper, the cluster on the side is also wonderful
What really makes it special is your thoughts as you worked on this, thank you for sharing that bit too!

Brilliant page Olga and loved reading about your thought process in creating it! Your double page with their different scrapping styles seem to mirror the thoughts and feelings you seem to have had during your discussion with your daughter. Very creative and absolutely love the mask you created and also love the black and white photo of your daughter you used for your layout! Pretty awesome work all round!! Congrats on the Standing O, so very well deserved!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
Jam-on-toast
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename