Oscraps

bathed in light
VickiStegall

bathed in light

Journaling reads:
This photo was taken a little over a month after my double mastectomy. I took weekly photos to track my healing. This particular day wasnt a tracking day, but the way the light was shining on me through the skylight in the bathroom after my shower, I felt bathed in healing light and sunshine so I snapped a photo. Ive cropped the scars because thats rather private, but I feel this quote suits this photo and feeling rather well, even if you cant see the wound.

I used Designed by Soco's Second Chance No. 6 - Xmas - http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Second-Chance-No.-6-Xmas.html and Angie Young's DARE To Feel Alive Kit - http://www.oscraps.com/shop/DARE-To-Feel-Alive-Kit.html

For the paper strips, I just used the strips from the template as Soco's colors perfectly matched Angie's kit. I just used a grey paper from Angie's kit clipped to each layer with the "multiply" blend mode to give them a bit of texture.

This is for the Advent Event Day 4 Miscellaneous Challenge at Oscraps!
How wonderful to see you scrap this amazing page Vicki! I hope that the healing light continues to bathe your soul! I love your beautiful photo and page!

OK, Vicki, I am sitting here with a kleenex!!! What a beautiful inner strength you have, and I can see it in that photo! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

WOW... how inspirational... I liked the quote you used and posted it in the commenting challenge... for advent...

What a beautiful page Vicki! Thank you for sharing it with us! You've shown such amazing strength through this challenge.

Not to sould a bit stalker-ish at all, but I saw this this morning on FB and it got me thinking. When I was in the shower this morning, i looked at my scars- lumpectomy and a chunk out of my boob, along with all 3 of my PICC line scras and the darn vein tnat will never be the same again after the ding dong about killed (hyperbole!) me placing #2. Made me think about how the scars are "me" and that I should let them remind me how far I have come and how *I* decide that I am healed, not how my body looks.
I am going to use this as the GSL for the HAPS if it ok with you. (PM me if you would rather I don't.)

Layout information

Category
2016 Advent Event - December
Added by
VickiStegall
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout