Oscraps

Attitude of Gratitude Day 25 - The Gift of Family
vickyday

Attitude of Gratitude Day 25 - The Gift of Family

Journaling reads: Today my daughter, Elisabeth and her family drove up from West Virginia to gather with us for the Thanksgiving meal. Aunt Jennifer (Tim’s sister) joined us, as did Jessica’s oldest son, Michael, and his girlfriend Morgan. That made a total of 15. Jessica fixed a huge spread. Jennifer contributed some food, too. Mine and Elisabeth’s contribution was to help cut up potatoes and cheese and mix the cheeseball ingredients. Everything was ready by about 2:30.

After the meal the kids dispersed. Some went hunting, some played, some vegged. The men watched football. The women cleaned up the kitchen somewhat and talked.

The weather was pretty warm, and the wind was mean! But that didn’t hinder the kids from wanting to play corn hole with Aunt Jennifer, brave soul that she is! She brought materials for the kids to paint gnomes on canvas but no one was ready to settle down to paint until she was ready to leave. So she explained the process and left the materials for me to instruct the kids. I let them chose their own colors and showed them how to tape down the gnome cutout to sponge the background down. After removing the cutout from the canvas, the outline of the gnome was visible from the background. We first used a Sharpie to mark the rim of the hat and then used the bottom of a Dixie cup to draw the nose and the rim of the cup to place the shoes. Then they painted in the areas, leaving the beard until last. Using a dry brush method, the beard was added. Some outlining was added and other details and paint splatters for the snow and the project was complete; each one unique and really cute! Thanks, Aunt Jen, for the cute project!!

After everyone left, we had leftovers for a late supper and played some Qwirkle and dominoes before retiring. It was a good day! Thank You, Lord, for the gift of Family!
Credits list
All by Anna Aspnes
ArtPlay MiniPalette Amity
Artsy Layered Template No 302
Flock FotoBlendz No 1
MultiMedia Baked No 1
Fonts are Arial Narrow and Aprillica Regular
Photos taken by my daughter, Jessica Jones, and me
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Such a wonderful day - great journaling. Love the masked/blended large photo with the other photos helping to tell the story.

Wonderful group photo and, wow, what a spread! That's a lot of food. Nice that you included the outdoor shot, too, so you can remember it a beautiful day outside as well.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename