Oscraps

Attitude of Gratitude Day 27 - Travel Mercies
vickyday

Attitude of Gratitude Day 27 - Travel Mercies

(Yes, I know I put the wrong day on this page - the trip had me all befuddled, LOL!) ;)
Journaling reads: I set the alarm for 7:30 so I could get my shower for church and start the dreaded packing for going home after church. After Jennifer brought some of her mom’s things to me to inherit, we ended up bringing back more than we took! I took a bunch of photo albums to Jessica for storage, since she would probably be the one to inherit them, anyway.

After services we hugged everyone goodbye and headed down the road. It was a horrendous trip! The 6-hour trip turned into an 8-hour trip. The traffic was bumper to bumper! The toll booths on the WV Turnpike were backed up for 3 miles! The GPS tried to re-route us at one point, but gave wrong directions according to the road signs and we ended up back in the crazy traffic! We stopped for gas before we got back into traffic, to be safe and so Mark could use the restroom, but they had no public restroom! We had been hoping to stop at a convenient Burger King before we got to WV but that didn’t happen. So when we took the detour we were also hoping to find one…..didn’t happen! We stopped at the Travel stop in Beckley next to Tamarack for the restrooms and the Burger King but the Burger King was closed! Our last ditch effort was to stop at Princeton. We ended up at Arby’s. Every place we stopped throughout the trip people were packing the places out. Not sure if they were just trying to get out of the traffic for a while or if they were planned stops! I just know our planned stops didn’t happen when we wanted them to! Even the traffic to the tunnels as you enter Virginia was backed up for several miles! There were stalled cars, crashes and speed traps the whole trip! The truck behind us at one point was rear-ended in one of the sudden stops! We were so grateful to finally get home and to get here in one piece! Some were not so blessed! Thank You, Lord, for traveling mercies!

All in all, I am very thankful for the time we were able to spend with the family over the last several days! Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!
Credits list
All by Anna Aspnes
Artsy Layered Template No 234
ArtPlay Palette Flock
Flock FotoBlendz No 1
Fonts are Arial Narrow and Aprillica Regular
Photos taken by me
Traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday is the worst, in my opinion. We had a 5.5 hour drive go on for over 11 hours one year. Your trip makes quite the story, though! Glad you and Mark made it home safely and enjoyed your time away. Love how the lights of the cars on this dark night are the perfect backdrop for your story.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename