Oscraps

22-04_O_April-2022-Challenge-#1---Artist-Inspiration
marijke

22-04_O_April-2022-Challenge-#1---Artist-Inspiration

April 2022 Challenge #1 - Artist Inspiration
https://oscraps.com/community/threads/april-2022-challenge-1-artist-inspiration.35289/#post-621220

First I made a geometrical mosaic of my photo.
I opened the photo and made a copy and added a gaussian blur on that layer.
I made a copy of the blurred layer and added a filter.
Filter > Pixelate > Crystallize. A pop up menu will appear - move the slider to the left or right for smaller or bigger shapes …
Then I made a copy of the layer with the shapes and I used another filter. Choose Filter > Stylize > Find Edges. The layer will turn white and look as if it has cracks in it. Don’t panic - this is normal and correct.
I changed the blending mode to multiply … and made several copies with different blending modes …
Step 2 - I made a sketch of my photo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5viVvYmttY)
I copied the different layers and placed them on top of the other layers – Again I played with blending modes …
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the abstract look of your photo. Hope you don't mind if I try out your method at some point, sounds like fun. ♥

OH MY! I am so in awe! This is fabulous. It is exactly the effect his paintings have. Thanks for the quick description of how you did this. It is a must try for me. The tutorial link is great. thanks for that. I gotta give you a StandingO

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the abstract look of your photo. Hope you don't mind if I try out your method at some point, sounds like fun. ♥
Thank you so much Betty Jo ... I love the filters in PS ... and the Tuto for the sketch is so easy ... I use it very often ...

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
marijke
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename