Oscraps

1930-Trip-page24.jpg
N

1930-Trip-page24.jpg

Inching my way to the finish. Since Aunt Ellen said it didn't feel like Christmas I decided to glam up the pages a little and make it more holiday like for them.

"After leaving Globe we began to climb and came to a place 4910 ft high called Top of the World. Going down the western side we had to go through Devils Canyon...The rocks are a sort of pink & Lavender in color and some of them are monstrous...The air is more like September than December and they think it is cold down here...We bought oranges tonite for 15¢ a dozen and they taste wonderful...It doesn't seem like Christmas Eve to us when we don't see any snow...We traveled 411 miles today in 11 hrs. 15 min"

Thank you for looking.
Credits list
Project Template Album No. 7
APP Bountiful (papers #2, #4 blended with opacity and mode to color burn on #4, Artsy Transfers and palette transfers added.
Multi-Media Bountiful (buttons, ribbon, threadz)
Two photos were clipped to the blendz, masked, color and opacity changes
Photos: Unsplash (Stan Spade); Bureau of Land Management via Flickr

Thank you for looking.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Wow
Reactions: bcazzell
Enjoying your "glamming," especially the Hipster Plume embellishment that highlights the top piece of journaling. Lovely colors here, too.

Everything is just perfect here - photo, balance, story! Is this in Idaho?
Thank you. This is in Arizona. The back photo was one of the Grand Canyon, which I masked, and the overlay photo forefront is Antelope Canyon. If you Google "Antelope Canyon, or on photo sites like Pixabay there are some amazing picts. I chose the one I found on Flickr because it had both colors I wanted.

Thank you. This is in Arizona. The back photo was one of the Grand Canyon, which I masked, and the overlay photo forefront is Antelope Canyon. If you Google "Antelope Canyon, or on photo sites like Pixabay there are some amazing picts. I chose the one I found on Flickr because it had both colors I wanted.
Ah, that makes more sense geographically, since next stop is California. There is a Devil's Canyon in Idaho close to the Oregon border - I suspect there are several in this country :) Great idea to use internet photos!

Ah, that makes more sense geographically, since next stop is California. There is a Devil's Canyon in Idaho close to the Oregon border - I suspect there are several in this country :) Great idea to use internet photos!
Most of the photos they took on the trip were only of family, except for the Coolidge Dam. I've interspersed other photos when I can find ones that are not copyrighted and fit the story. I spend waaay too much time searching for just the right photo.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
NanaJ
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename