Oscraps

Working with clay

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I'm still recovering from my shoulder, and I've made a few clay sculptures as a thank you gift to my father's nurses when he was still living in his apartment.
They are not completely ready yet, I still have to wrap them in foil and add a tea light.
I've got a taste for it and want to make more. Here are a few pictures of my "small" works.
I first painted them in 2 colors and then treated them with beeswax to create an old effect.
20240113_114101.jpg 20240107_123220.jpg 20240107_123215.jpg

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Very pretty, Vera. I've never worked with clay, but I've worked with greenware than had it fired.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm still recovering from my shoulder, and I've made a few clay sculptures as a thank you gift to my father's nurses when he was still living in his apartment.
They are not completely ready yet, I still have to wrap them in foil and add a tea light.
I've got a taste for it and want to make more. Here are a few pictures of my "small" works.
I first painted them in 2 colors and then treated them with beeswax to create an old effect.
View attachment 411043 View attachment 411044 View attachment 411045
Very nice!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
View attachment 411043 View attachment 411044 View attachment 411045
Oh they look amazing Vera!! :wow: I need to pull out my clay again and make some of those too!! Yours look brilliant! ♥ I only use air-dry clay and made some little things a couple of years back........ happy to say that they are still in 'one piece' despite some of them being out in the 'weather'. :)

Mushrooms:
DSCN2258-web2.jpg

Little pot for a succulent:
DSCN2264-web2.jpg

But I still have plenty of the clay in the cupboard so I need to use it, thanks for the inspiration Vera!! :) xx

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
They are oh so pretty! So nice to see you staying creative while you heal ♥

I have worked with Sculpy before. As for actual "mud" clay, I tried that back in high school and it needs a much lighter touch than I have ;)

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Oh they look amazing Vera!! :wow: I need to pull out my clay again and make some of those too!! Yours look brilliant! ♥ I only use air-dry clay and made some little things a couple of years back........ happy to say that they are still in 'one piece' despite some of them being out in the 'weather'. :)

Mushrooms:
View attachment 411053

Little pot for a succulent:
View attachment 411054

But I still have plenty of the clay in the cupboard so I need to use it, thanks for the inspiration Vera!! :) xx
Oh i love your projects also !! I also use the air dry clay.