Oscraps

Wordle

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Have any of you gotten caught up in the Wordle Craze?

I have been playing for just a few days and while I have gotten the word each day so far, I am not very good at it.
One thing the game reinforces is that I absolutely, 100% do *not* have a strategic mind. I just plop letters down and hope for the best. LOL
If you play, do you have a strategy on how you start/progress?

It reminds me of a game we had when I was a kid. I cannot remember the name of it - but it was little colored pegs that you had to guess the order of. Does anyone remember what that was called?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh my gosh, years ago! It's actually very cool!!

No, I kind of remember the game, but not the name of it.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I've been playing Wordle for three days now. I enjoy it but I've not developed a strategy yet

The game you are thinking of is Mastermind.

LSlycord

I used to play Mastermind when I was a kid. Then bought it again to play with the kids. I just tried Wordle and I lost. Need to try again tomorrow.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I haven't checked it out and won't right now b/c |I have enough going on, I'd better not get hooked on something new. I heard the radio host talking about it earlier today and what a craze it is right now.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Mastermind!! That was it. I kept thinking about codes and spies but could NOT remember the actual name.

I swore I wasn't going to get hooked, but dang, I got today's in three tries and now I can't wait for tomorrow. LOL!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I'm going in the wrong direction. On the first day, I got it in two. The second day, it was three. The last two days, it was four.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I only first heard of it yesterday. I don't think I'm going to go near it, I already battle too many distractions.

LSlycord

I'm already addicted to Nonogram so I need to stay away. Yet, I just got the word in 4 tries...so now I'm hooked. LOL

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I keep seeing people post about "IYKYK" and I"m like, I don't know and I don't think I want to know lol! What the heck is it?

LSlycord

So much for staying away. I got it in 3 tries today. I read someone suggested pious as their first word. It helps with the vowels.

janedee

I had heard of it but not tried it yet! Thanks for the link Chris. Got my first in three tries so I'll be back tomorrow I'm sure!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I keep seeing people post about "IYKYK" and I"m like, I don't know and I don't think I want to know lol! What the heck is it?
It's a guessing game with words. Like Mastermind (the game I was talking about in the first post) and Hangman if I had to describe it. You get 6 tries to guess a 5 letter word. If you get a letter right it will show that's it is correct and/or in the correct space.

@janedee I feel like I should apologize LOL
The one good thing for me is that I tend to get bored easily so I will burn myself out in a while haha

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It's a guessing game with words. Like Mastermind (the game I was talking about in the first post) and Hangman if I had to describe it. You get 6 tries to guess a 5 letter word. If you get a letter right it will show that's it is correct and/or in the correct space.

@janedee I feel like I should apologize LOL
The one good thing for me is that I tend to get bored easily so I will burn myself out in a while haha
interesting. I may check it out. Thanks!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Ok, I had to try. I got it in 5 guesses. Ok for a first try. Also, I have a handicap - it's not in my mother tounge. LOL

tjscraps

Ok I must have downloaded the wrong thing, I have to try and get 4 letter words - a whole bunch of them. ... I don't get the 5 letter word thing. Am I missing something?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Ok I must have downloaded the wrong thing, I have to try and get 4 letter words - a whole bunch of them. ... I don't get the 5 letter word thing. Am I missing something?
There's not an app to download. You just play it on the web. Here's the link.

The creator, his last name is Wardle, created it as a gift for his wife who loves word games.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I got today's puzzle in three tries.
(that is as long as you are not counting the gazillion wrong guesses of words not in the word list :p)

When I finally got it, I could not believe how ridiculous I was for not figuring it out sooner. I was still on my first mug of coffee so I am going to blame my un-caffeinated brain for that

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I got today's puzzle in three tries.
(that is as long as you are not counting the gazillion wrong guesses of words not in the word list :p)

When I finally got it, I could not believe how ridiculous I was for not figuring it out sooner. I was still on my first mug of coffee so I am going to blame my un-caffeinated brain for that
You did much better than me. Today was the first time it has taken me all six tries.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Made 3 days so far. First 2 days I made it in 5 guesses, and today in TWO! Will probably never happen again. LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Made 3 days so far. First 2 days I made it in 5 guesses, and today in TWO! Will probably never happen again. LOL
I seem to get it in four tries more often than not. But dang if my brain doesn't totally go blank staring at the little squares LOL! When I figure it out, it's face-palm time.

Congrats on two tries!!

scrap-genie

I did try it once. Put in a totally random word but it had 3 letters right, 2 in correct place. Still took 2 more tries for 3 in all. Somehow don't feel the need to go back put understand the appeal.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Staying away as I am already fixated on Words with friends. I play with my sister and it is a way of us connecting daily through the chat part.