Oscraps

Will you watch the Olympics?

LSlycord

I won’t be watching either. I have always preferred summer to winter but mainly only watch if there is a particular person I’m interested in. Like when Shawn Johnson was competing in Olympics. She was from our hometown and was in the same gym as Syd. one of the men swimming in the last Olympics was from our area here in Florida so we watched that. Otherwise, no Olympics for me either.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Always watched them as a kid. Loved the ice skating and gymnastics. That was when they were on one of the main 3 channels that were available and they took over the regular programming. So, they were easy find and we weren't as spoiled for choice back then. Now I have no idea when/where to find them. Frankly, I don't even know where they are hosted this year. I am curious though because it seems there are some rather emphatic NO's. What's up with this year's olympics?

scrap-genie

I will be watching! I always do. The figure skating isn't as much a draw for me as it used to be but I love some of the newer winter events like half pipe and downhill things on boards. Ski jumps always seem astounding. And it will be on NBC though lots will probably be on their "other" versions. In the last summer olympics it seemed some of the best stuff was off on those so we couldn't watch. Like Vicki, I'm curious about the emphatic NOs.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Always watched them as a kid. Loved the ice skating and gymnastics. That was when they were on one of the main 3 channels that were available and they took over the regular programming. So, they were easy find and we weren't as spoiled for choice back then. Now I have no idea when/where to find them. Frankly, I don't even know where they are hosted this year. I am curious though because it seems there are some rather emphatic NO's. What's up with this year's olympics?
@VickiStegall They are in China this year, Vicki.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
No - for many reasons! A biggie? I could probably find somewhere that I don't have to pay for them like we did with some of the summer games, but I only really care for the figure skating and it's likely that would be in the middle of the night. We shouldn't have to pay to see them in the US.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Yes! I have loved long track ice speed skating since I was a little kid. It will be the last Olympics of my favorite (since 2004/2005) Sven Kramer (and Ireen Wüst two big names ..Also I love figure skating and we finally have a participant (Lindsey van Zundert) The alst one took part in ..1976..(yep when Dorothy Hamill won)

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I had no idea we have a new figure skating talent!
I like watching the shorttrack skaters, watch it but won't set an alarm for it!
I like the direct competition in races like skating and snowboarding more than single races.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I won't be watching. The rights to broadcast here in Sweden was bought by a channel that I don't have. Not sure how much I would have watched anyway. Depending on my mood, I guess.

I have a bit hard watching sports these days. It's something I used to do with my sister - that is, we used to sit and text eachother through the games & commenting. Both mine and her husband aren't interested, so we used to do it together. Now it's almost 8 years since she passed, and I really haven't gotten over that I'm watching on my own.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I won't be watching. The rights to broadcast here in Sweden was bought by a channel that I don't have. Not sure how much I would have watched anyway. Depending on my mood, I guess.

I have a bit hard watching sports these days. It's something I used to do with my sister - that is, we used to sit and text eachother through the games & commenting. Both mine and her husband aren't interested, so we used to do it together. Now it's almost 8 years since she passed, and I really haven't gotten over that I'm watching on my own.
hugs

timounette

CHEERY O
I will watch the ice skating this winter.
For summer olympics, I watch athletism, swimming, gymnastic, volley ball....

zanthia

CHEERY O
love love love ice skating - so will get peacock with ads for the month of february

one thing i really missed with cutting the cord is i have not seen a single skating event - no grand prix, no us nationals, etc.