Oscraps

Who's been to Ireland??

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
So, I am going on a trip to Ireland in less than a month. I am totally stoked. We are going with a tour group but we have added an extra day in Dublin and have a LOT of down time to ourselves to check out the towns. We will be going to Galway, Cork and Dublin. I am looking for tips and ideas of what not to miss. Not the obvious places on any tour but places to eat, shop...and DRINK!! Or little know places we can't miss. We will be hitting up Guinness and Jameson along with Blarney Castle, Trinity College, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, etc.

We will also be there for the St. Patrick's Day parade. There is a group of 8 of us. So please share your knowledge of traveling Ireland please.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
:hurt: I want to go with you!!!!! This destination is on my bucket list!! Can't give you any suggestions for places to go and see, but I sure am GREEN with envy!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I haven't been, but my IL's went last year (if you poke through my gallery, there are a bunch of LO's in there that I did for them).
I bet you are going to have so much fun. My IL's LOVED it!

frani_54

Hi Clara, you will LOOOOOOVE Ireland. A couple of years ago my husband and I took a tour to Ireland and Scotland. It looks like you will be hitting all the important stops. The only advise I have is have fun. Any pub you go to is always filled with lots of music and fun.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I would like to return to Ireland...
It's just about 20 years ago that we were there ...
The places you are going to do are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, super nice ...
I have only good memories ... we also had a lot of luck with the weather ...
Dublin I have not been ... we started in Cork and did the entire west coast

Rita (Blue Flower Art)

Designer at the O
Lucky girl!!!

My husband and I are preparing to go to Ireland to tour on motorcycles. I don't know when yet.

We toured Scotland 2 years ago in a car and loved it.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Rita-- how fun!!!!
My Il's are going to Scotland this year so hopefully they will share their photos with me so I can "visit" vicariously, like I did with their Ireland and Italy trips.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I am soooo excited. Tick tick tick tock. Time is going so fast and crawling at the same time. Lol.

Bush Girl

As one mostly Irish girl living in England, I'm embarrassed to say that I have only ever been to Dublin and I was so outrageously drunk each & every time (well, it was on Microsoft channel partner conferences each time) that I saw absolutely nothing of Dublin, Ireland or any of my cousins!

You aren't flying in via London by any chance are you?

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I am sure we'll have some of that going on too Selena. Lol. Not flying through England but you should come over for St. Patrick's Day and hang out. :)

Applechick

We used to spend quite a lot of time in Dublin as my daughter's boyfriend of 5 years came from there - they broke up so we haven't been back for a few years. Make sure you "do" the Guinness storehouse, it's fascinating and you end up the tour in the Gravity bar at the top with a 360 degree view of Dublin and a free Guinness! I also think the city bus tour in Dublin is very good, we really enjoyed the Museum of Modern Art which is based in a 17th century building which had been a hospital. Sadly both our very fave restaurants from that time have both closed so have no recommendations on the eating front.

Also enjoyed this place when I was in Cork http://www.cobhheritage.com, I think it's worth a visit.

The best bit of Ireland is just listening to that divine accent :) just enjoy the craic and the lively Dublin vibe! You'll have a wonderful time!!!

Last edited by a moderator: