Oscraps

Who have you known the longest?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
About a year ago, I "reconnected" with my best friend from high school, Ellen. While we were staying in touch through Facebook, we hadn't gotten together in person for several decades, even though we only lived about an hour away from each other. Now, we get together every couple of months over lunch to catch up. Doing the math, I have known her for 47 years!

Not counting family members, who is the person you've known the longest that you still stay in contact with?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My bestestest (It's a word, I swear LOL) friend and sister of my heart, Jenn. I have known her since we were in Kdg together. We have been besties since high school- with two breaks after bad stuff happened. :( But it will be 50 years since we have known each other and I can't imagine my life without her.

My cousin and I were very close growing up. We are 6 months apart in age and practically lived at each other houses during summer vacations. We drifted when we were in college, but then reconnected when we got married and had kids all around the same time. We lost touch when our kids were in elementary school. She reached out two years ago and it has been so heartwarming whenever we talk. we have known each other since she was born (I'm older) so that would be 54 years

Reactions: AZK

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
My bestie from kindergarten, Judy, until she passed away in 2017, we had been friends for 60 years at that point. I miss her so much. :heartpumppink: And another friend, Sylvia, from my school days, while not very close, we still stay in contact on Facebook so that would now be around 64-65 years! Gosh, where have the years gone!! lol! Here is a school photo from 6th grade but we were friends before then.
1677573665554.png

Reactions: AZK

LSlycord

My best friend from high school. We met when she moved to our town in 3rd grade but became best friends in high school. She has been down to Florida twice since we moved here. That means we have known each other 59 years. o_O I need to call her today and tell her that.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
One of my besties ... we started together in the kindergarten ... were together in the primary school for 6 years. In secondary school we each chose a different school ... but we remained friends ... and are still friends ... The photo is from the 6th grade ... we were twelve then ... the one in the green dress is me ...

_16-juni-1969.jpg

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
These are such wonderful stories! Bonus points for those of you who included photos! :lovey3: I'm going to see if I can find one of mine, I don't think I've scanned any of those photos in yet.

It's not lost on me that those of us who are older would have the longer relationships by default ;) And the fact that so many of these relationships started in school shows how important school is for other than learning to read and write.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
My best friend from our neighborhood- we met in 1966- 67 years - we are friends on fb. 1984-1985 several Navy friends and my husband hooked up and we still see each other from time to time. One my DH talks to daily on xbox and the other we drive to see each other several times a year.

This is my 9th birthday I think. I am in front of the cake, to my left is a neighborhood friend who I met in 1966 and went through high school, all though we lost touch in 7th grade. The other friend I still talk to on fb has her arms on the table.
Sharon age 9.jpg

Here are Navy friends at our wedding. Our best friend is by the window with the mustache. One of the guys in the front we see from time to time and my brother has center stage!
swordsmansm.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Copy (2) of Copy of File0117.jpgCopy of File0132 copy 2.jpg
Copy (2) of File0109 copy 2.jpg4 of us.jpg
Pictures- through the years:)
1. Girl Scouts ~1974 or so. She is holding the American flag, I am all the way on the R
2. HS 1984 or 1985
3. with our girls 2003 or so
4. 2022