Oscraps

Who else remembers the FUN days of DST - Digi Shop Talk?!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
And this is the forum post that I had shared with my cousin...I believe this was a pack of Halloween grungy papers I had made, and one person said they could see a person in the paper that wasn't even there....LOL (Not in this thread, I think it was over at The DigiChick) I no longer own my dorkola.com domain, but I have always wanted to get it back...I just might, but I don't have anything to really do with it, I just bought it because back in the 2000's I added "ola" to a lot of words and I would use the word dork a lot, and dorkola, obviously, so it was my blog for a while...*le sigh* https://www.digishoptalk.com/shockolate-paper-freebie-t86992.html

Edited to add that I am SO sorry that I haven't been able to find anything yet....I know they have deleted a lot of gallery images, looking through emails from people who actually posted layouts using my stuff and emailed me about it from "back in the day", they aren't there :sad2:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Ah man...I am going down the worm hole now, like @faerywings ...I am looking at my forum posts and it is sad to see Eva Kipler there...she was SO sweet and I collabed with her as Creative Confusion with Digital Couture who did the elements and I did the papers. It was SO incredibly sad when she passed away, I believe it was a heart attack, and she was too young when it happened :(

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
.I LOVE searching for things both in Google and in real life. 9 times out of 10, when my family is trying to find something around the house I find it... :giggle4:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, I have these buttons that are in a safe place for at least 15 years, and some purple wool in a safe place for 10 years, when can you come over? Even St. Anthony has given up on those.

GraceJ

Ah man...I am going down the worm hole now, like @faerywings ...I am looking at my forum posts and it is sad to see Eva Kipler there...she was SO sweet and I collabed with her as Creative Confusion with Digital Couture who did the elements and I did the papers. It was SO incredibly sad when she passed away, I believe it was a heart attack, and she was too young when it happened :(
So sad that so many talented designers have passed away, like Eva Kipler, Dawn (Dawn Inskip), Amber Shaw, Jill (created by Jill), Julie (Sherwood studio), among another.
I was deeply sad when Jill (from created by Jill) passed away, she was a very good friend of mine, we used to collect fonts and talk about zumba, etc, in fb, still missing her. I can understand how sad it was to lose a good friend like Eva, sending you love and a big hug

Last edited:

GraceJ

(...) I LOVE searching for things both in Google and in real life. 9 times out of 10, when my family is trying to find something around the house I find it... :giggle4:
Same like Jeanne, I would need to find some yarns that I hided them when some friends came to visit us, I thought our couch looked like a total mess, and I remember, that I put all the yarns in a bag and hide them, problem is that I hided them so well that it's around 1 year, and I cannot find them :floorlaugh:

GraceJ

Same like Cheryl DST was before my time, although I did a lot paper scrap when I was teen and still when I was around 20yo., I let all the scrapping for a while and in 2010 more or less caught me the tags, and I got those tagger free kits, but searching papers and tubes (posers or dolls), I found you :loveyeyes: (joyful heart designs), and at the same time I found some another designers like Kristin Aagard, Connie Prince, etc. among others, and my life changed I felt in love with digital scrapbooking :loveyeyes:, I forgot totally about verymany and Alex Prihodko tubes, and I started to learn how to scrap by watching videos, tutorials, etc, and in such way I discovered ScrapOrchard but I was just one month when they announced their closing, and my second home was GottaPixel. After that I have been to various places, some that have sadly closed, like ScrapGirls, which was like a home for me, and where I was even part of the Welcome Committee. I am very happy to see that the majority of the scrapgirls have settled here, because this is a lovely friendly place that I love and where I feel very happy to be :heartpumplove::beatingheart:
After reading all the "dark side" of DST, I feel very happy that I didn't be part of it, I really don't like the hate and evil wish or evil vibes, but I love friendly, happy, kind places, like O'scraps community, that makes feel to however happy, welcome and appreciated. :lovey3::cloud9: that's why I wear proudly as part of my siggy the blink "I love my O family", because you all are like a family to me :cloud9:

Last edited:

tanteva

Mistress of Mayhem
I wasn't very active over at DST - mainly posted layouts in the gallery. I was on Silvia Romeo's CT back then, and I think I posted some ads for her and such. I mainly used it to look for new stuff to buy, calls and things like that. Where there challenges? I might have done those. Maybe I was way more active than I remember LOL But as I recall it - DST wasn't that friendly to non-Americans. You never had a chance to get involved. Almost like you where ignored to be honest.

Oh, I had forgotten about that trash talk site. I was in shock how RUDE people could be. It was totally new to me. (Today, I guess I wouldn't rise and eye brow, nowadays I get shocked if anyone is nice LOL)

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, I have these buttons that are in a safe place for at least 15 years, and some purple wool in a safe place for 10 years, when can you come over? Even St. Anthony has given up on those.
Ah man, you really have me wanting to search now... :floorlaugh: Have you checked that box that is way back in the top left corner of your closet yet? I think it is hidden under some other stuff...:giggle4:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Same like Jeanne, I would need to find some yarns that I hided them when some friends came to visit us, I thought our couch looked like a total mess, and I remember, that I put all the yarns in a bag and hide them, problem is that I hided them so well that it's around 1 year, and I cannot find them :floorlaugh:
I am getting closet vibes for your bag, too...on the floor though behind/underneath some other stuff :giggle4:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Okay, so, just a bit ago I tagged you because I thought about the "Way Back Machine" website, but when you put in the DST site you really don't get much, and cannot access the gallery. I looked to see if I can login, but first I started with searching through my emails, and I found where I had shared a link to one of the threads I had posted with my cousin (I don't know exactly why, I think shareing the new paper pack I had made) from there, I clicked on the link and I am inside there and was able to search for you in the forum and find forum threads from you, but most of the layouts you are linking to, so far, are directlly to Ginger Scraps, so no help with the gallery yet, but I have my invesigative hat on....I LOVE searching for things both in Google and in real life. 9 times out of 10, when my family is trying to find something around the house I find it... :giggle4:
I looked at the way back machine and nothing came up.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Awful! and how disgusting that some of that people attacked you!
Unfortunately, I was on two design teams and those designers got in a feud, and those of us who were on both teams were made to choose by one of them, and then when we did, she and those who stayed with her proceeded to lie about and trash those who chose the other designer. I left the scrapping world for about 5-6 years after that.

pachimac

CHEERY O
So sad that so many talented designers have passed away, like Eva Kipler, Dawn (Dawn Inskip), Amber Shaw, Jill (created by Jill), Julie (Sherwood studio), among another.
I was deeply sad when Jill (from created by Jill) passed away, she was a very good friend of mine, we used to collect fonts and talk about zumba, etc, in fb, still missing her. I can understand how sad it was to lose a good friend like Eva, sending you love and a big hug
I was on Created by Jill's CT when she passed. It still hurts to this day. She was an amazing person.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Same like Cheryl DST was before my time, although I did a lot paper scrap when I was teen and still when I was around 20yo., I let all the scrapping for a while and in 2010 more or less caught me the tags, and I got those tagger free kits, but searching papers and tubes (posers or dolls), I found you :loveyeyes: (joyful heart designs), and at the same time I found some another designers like Kristin Aagard, Connie Prince, etc. among others, and my life changed I felt in love with digital scrapbooking :loveyeyes:, I forgot totally about verymany and Alex Prihodko tubes, and I started to learn how to scrap by watching videos, tutorials, etc, and in such way I discovered ScrapOrchard but I was just one month when they announced their closing, and my second home was GottaPixel. After that I have been to various places, some that have sadly closed, like ScrapGirls, which was like a home for me, and where I was even part of the Welcome Committee. I am very happy to see that the majority of the scrapgirls have settled here, because this is a lovely friendly place that I love and where I feel very happy to be :heartpumplove::beatingheart:
After reading all the "dark side" of DST, I feel very happy that I didn't be part of it, I really don't like the hate and evil wish or evil vibes, but I love friendly, happy, kind places, like O'scraps community, that makes feel to however happy, welcome and appreciated. :lovey3::cloud9: that's why I wear proudly as part of my siggy the blink "I love my O family", because you all are like a family to me :cloud9:
And we are so glad to have you!!!!

zanthia

CHEERY O
I can't even get in to DST anymore. You have to have tapatalk and it won't let me create an account or use my username at all. I don't know what they did to their site, but it's un-navigable!
i can get in and dont even know what tapatalk is . I have always seen it mentioned though but never had an account maybe it is a new requirement to have it? by the way i have my original account from way back when ( oldest message there is from 2011)

Amandajk

I started designing in October 2004, and I remember when Digi Shop Talk started...it was awesome!! :heartpumplove: Sometimes, not so much, when peeps would gang up and attack other people...I always HATED that part:voodoodoll: :loser: Thankfully, that is in the past...grrrr :flyingwitch:
I remember!!! I was a brand new designer in 2007. I joined DST and there was a real tirade against me by a few not so "Sweet" people because I asked a question ( can't remember what at all now, LOL!) I had a few come to my defense- one was the owner of the site I was with. I really had my eyes opened with that.

Anyhoodle, I have been going through my various digi designing folders from different stores I have been in and I found the DST blinkie that I had saved back on June 6, 2006...I always loved blinkies!! I had discovered the one that Jen Yurko made for me way back around 3 or 4 years after DST started and I am happy to have it in my signature because it just reminds me about how exciting everything was back then, and wonderful memories...and now I have turned 49, so just clinging on to whatever I can....LOL Nah, not really, I am fine with my new age...I am always young at heart, and most of the times silly, dorky...I joke around with my kids/family constantly because it makes them laugh and they joke with me, as well...humor is such an important thing in my life :lovey3::lovey3::lovey3:

K, so here is the blinkie...who all sported this in your siggies?? :beatingheart:

BLINKIES!!!! YES! I had a bunch and sometimes it was hard to get the siggies right! Funny, I was just thinking of DST a few days ago- so this post caught my eye! And Jenn, 49 is an AWESOME age! I loved my 40's! I have arrived, I thought' "I know who I am, and I don't need anyone's affirmation or permission to live my life!"

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh, Amanda, I am sorry you were one of the ones who got attacked...grrr :voodoodoll::hug2: :heartpumpred: And that is AWESOME that you felt more free and in control in your 40's!! I am fine with turning 50 next year, I should just be thankful that I have gotten to make it to this age :heartpumplove: I am hoping for at least another 40 years like my Popa had and my Nana is 89 and still doing quite well :beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart: