Oscraps

Which camera do you have?

jsudesh

just tell us which camera do you have along with model and approximate buying cost for you. And what you like about it the most.

I have Sony W220 and costed me around 12000 Rs. ( $286). It has a good picture quality.

yvonnahenna

I have a Nikon D60, with 18-200 lens.
I like it that I can zoom in on something, and the background is blurry.
Everything together was something around $1000 Expensive, but yeah...

Cat

O' whip cracker whip
I have a rebel XTi with a 70-300mm lens, love love that camera, takes great quality pictures and I love shooting RAW with it. Camera cost $700 (I got it off ebay) Lense cost $400. I love my lense because I can zoom in particularly useful when snapping shots of my horses from a distance, impossible to get great shots from them close up as they always stand in front of me waiting for food :lol:

In my handbag I have a small samsung L301 P&S (in pink!) handy to have to take little off the moment snaps when I am out and about with my kids. It also has a movie setting to record those cute moments :)

LSlycord

I have a Nikon D70. Love it. And like Cat, I also have one that goes with me in my purse. I'll update this tonight when I can check details.

Great thread!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have three-
I have an old Canon Elph Powershot 400 4 mp- that's the one I drag along to the lake and if it gets dropped , no big deal.

My good point and shoot is a Casio Exilim 9.1 mp

And my DSLR is a Canon Rebel xti- I have a 35 mm Canon EOS so my zoom lens works on both.
Lenses Canon 17-85 mm
Zoom 75-300mm
Sigma 35- 75mm (I think- it is on the 35 mm body and hasn't been touched in ages LOL)

snappy2003

Hmm I have a Sony Alpha 300k it was around $500, I didn't get an additional lens yet. I also have a Panasonic DMC-FS5 for my purse it is awesome and light and blue :). I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ7 and an Olympus C2100UZ that I got in 2001 that is bulky but I just can't part with it, it was about $1000 at the time I got it. I tend to hold on to things I guess LOL.

alyssascrapper

Dawn we are like the same!!!! I also have the sony dslr 300a & a panasonic DMC FS20 for my purse!!! Both are awesome cameras!!! I LOVE my sony, the only problem I have is that the lenses are a lot more money than other cameras, I didn't realize this before I bought it. But nontheless, it is fantastic. I love my panasonic too, great pics for a point & shoot!

yvonnahenna

hm, I love the 'camera in the purse' idea!
We still have the little Sony cybershot 7.2megapix.
I'm gonna put that in my purse as well! Thanks for the idea ladies :D

zeee

I have two... A Nikon D90 (bought it at around $1200) I love my N D90 so much! the colors are just sooo crisp and clear plus plus plus...hahaha I could go on but I'm a Nikon fan.... oh and i love that you can use up to 3200 ISO :)
and a Nikon D40 ($600)

i also have the regular 18-55 wide-angle lens and the 75-300 telephoto lens...

i'm thinking of getting a macro lens and another wide-angle lens...hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I have a Nikon D60 that I bought at Cameta camera (an e-bay store, also on Amazon) for $450. They sell a lot of different camera packages too. I also carry a Canon PowerShot for my purse.

t_a_l_i

I have a Nikon D40. I think it was about $450. Someday I hope to get a better lens for it.

I have a Canon SD600 in my purse, but, the flash doesn't work (which is why I got the Nikon in the first place) so I can't use it too often.

Honestly I take my Nikon anywhere I would have used my smaller camera, except into clubs. :D

sandracvrt

I have the original Sony Alpha 100 with just the standard lens it came with... I also have a small Nikon Cool Pix I can take with me... the Sony we paid about $700 for 2 years ago... the Cool Pix you can get for around $200!

danger girl

... I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ7 and an Olympus C2100UZ that I got in 2001 that is bulky but I just can't part with it, it was about $1000 at the time I got it. I tend to hold on to things I guess LOL.

Dawn, I have these two cameras too! I'd still be using the Olympus if it worked. It took great pictures, even if they were only 2.1 megapixels. I still use the Panasonic when I don't want to lug around my DSLR. I love the zoom on that one.

I have a Pentax K100D-Super DSLR that I bought about a year and a half ago. For the camera and 2 lenses I paid about $700. I love this camera!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:D You can tell we all are digi-scrappers- gotta have that camera in the purse!

My Casio is retailed at about $200, Gary found it at woot.com for $99, you should check that site out if you are looking for good deals.

madigirl

Maya de Groot
Designer
I had a Samsung S600, but it died and now I've got a Canon Powershot SX10 IS and I love it!!

petey111

Tessie just got a Canon SX10 and I think it's AWESOME. It's like the closest thing you can get to an SLR without getting an SLR. And I am devoted to Canons. Just the experience I've had with Kodak and Sony. And even the Nikon our other friend got. It was broken when she pulled it out of the box. But I've always had good luck with Canons. =)

danenan

I have a Nikon D50 which I absolutely LOVE with a 18-200 zoom and in my purse I have a little Panasonic Lumix which I love as well because it has a Leica lense and it can film as well...

lialotito

I have a Nikon D80 with 18-200 mm lens - awesome together !

This week I bought a 50mm f/1.8 lens (U$ 135) and a new point and shoot camera - Canon SD 1200 for US 175, because mine was reeeeealy old and wasn't working very well. My mom has the same camera and it's great to carry on with your little purse !!!