Oscraps

What's your favorite and least favorite scrapping style?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
For me, I'm a "put a lot on a page" scrapper. "White Space" is very difficult for me. For instance, I love Art Journaling - the more layers and elements, the better.

I could almost hear a collective groan when I posted my "16th Birthday Party Recipe Challenge". I know we have some astounding "minimalist" scrappers here. Putting 16 elements on a page had to be tough! I'm sweating when I have to do a "white space" or "minimalist" challenge.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Favorite: white space! Although putting tons of elements on a page isn't too hard if you use clusters and paints, etc. You can use 16 elements and still have a fairly minimal page.

Least favorite: tied between multi-photo layouts and journaling-heavy layouts.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Favorite: white space! Although putting tons of elements on a page isn't too hard if you use clusters and paints, etc. You can use 16 elements and still have a fairly minimal page.

Least favorite: tied between multi-photo layouts and journaling-heavy layouts.
Well, you managed to get 16 elements on your page and it still looked minimal, Angie! I'm in awe of that because that's super hard for me. I agree about journaling, too - has to be one of my least favorites, too. Multi-photos, that's why I love pocket pages!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
white space is hard... I like other people's minimalist pages - and yes, there are some gorgeous ones in the gallery here, but my own pages feel naked to me unless they are full... I love journaling, story telling and multiple photos, and I really dig template scrapping...

oh, and I am REALLY not a fan of pocket pages... they feel too restrictive...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have a really difficult time with traditional/clean/minimalist styles. If you have a challenge where I can't use paint, I am gonna fail. If you make me use buttons in that clean design challenge - I won't even try. (Faery has a "thing" about buttons, real and digital. LOL)

My favorite style- sheesh, I don't think I have one. I tend to be a pretty eclectic scrapper. I love AJ pages and have been having a blast creating fantasy pages recently. But I also love my masked/blending pages too.

Great question, Cheryl!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
White space is a challenge for me... I feel like it is 'naked' with all that unused space crying out for something. And LO with lots of journaling is another challenge. I love LOs with lots of elements like borders and/or clusters along with brushes, paints and textures and photo/s. And I love using photo/masks and a few other photos on a page. Fantasy, steampunk and art journaling are fun to do. I especially like using photo/mask and elements with a title or song lyrics to convey a mood or feeling.

I can do pocket pages but do feel they can be restrictive... would much prefer to move the photos around on a page. Not a fan of stitches, buttons, staples or tape... I think of the LO as laying flat on a table..... not hanging on a wall so things would slide off if not fixed in place. :p And if it is hanging on a wall, it is like a painting that doesn't need things to be attached to the background. (I know that is my art background coming into play.)

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I really don't know if I have any favorite. I dabble in everything I guess.

What I really don't like are making like themed albums. I'm soooo bored before it's done. I've - as far as I can remember - only made two. One was a brag book sized ABC book about Christmas 2007, and the other, a book about a trip to a fancy garden in 2012, I did for Silvia Romeo's team, when she was part of the My Memories software, and she wanted the team to help with promotion. I'm not one to repeat the same kit, font and style over and over again. LOL

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Well, you managed to get 16 elements on your page and it still looked minimal, Angie! I'm in awe of that because that's super hard for me. I agree about journaling, too - has to be one of my least favorites, too. Multi-photos, that's why I love pocket pages!
I did that after posting here just to challenge myself, lol! I actually had to take a couple of ellies off because I had too many. ;)

Kythe

CHEERY O
Hmm.. I don't use templates much, nor Quick pages. AJ and journalling are tough ones as I don't have a lot to say about anything. Poems and lyrics are definitely something that I feel I have to 'force' to get a posting worthy page.

White space is my personal favourite although not the best style for CT work as embellishments are often limited and don't often show the whole kit to advantage. I really like making masks from what I can find in a kit and using them for photos or papers. Borders full of elements are another I favour. Fantasy and storybook are fun for a change of pace and keeps me thinking outside the comfort zone.
Oh heck ...I like anything except the ones I mentioned above.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hmm.. I don't use templates much, nor Quick pages. AJ and journalling are tough ones as I don't have a lot to say about anything. Poems and lyrics are definitely something that I feel I have to 'force' to get a posting worthy page.

White space is my personal favourite although not the best style for CT work as embellishments are often limited and don't often show the whole kit to advantage. I really like making masks from what I can find in a kit and using them for photos or papers. Borders full of elements are another I favour. Fantasy and storybook are fun for a change of pace and keeps me thinking outside the comfort zone.
Oh heck ...I like anything except the ones I mentioned above.
Well, that just means that you're a pretty "balanced" scrapper. That's a good thing. I don't like journaling either, but love templates - not quick pages, though.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
White space is my all-time favorite type of scrap page, but, I never feel mine are done very well, or maybe finished is a better description. I always think my white space pages need just a little bit more added to them, but I make myself stop. But, that's what they say, isn't it? Art is never finished, only abandoned. I have the most difficult time of all with Mixed Media and I love the mixed media kits and pages, but when I start putting them on a page of my own, it just looks like a mess to me. I've actually created some folders on my pc and placed some of my favorite white space pages and mixed media pages in them to study. Before I start either type of page I'll run through my folders for inspiration and remind myself it can be done, and done beautifully, I just have to keep practicing.

LSlycord

Mine is always pretty minimalist. I love to have some journaling on the page explaining the photo. But I'm trying to challenge myself more to get a little more on the page because I love looking at those when someone else does it!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
White space is my all-time favorite type of scrap page, but, I never feel mine are done very well, or maybe finished is a better description. I always think my white space pages need just a little bit more added to them, but I make myself stop. But, that's what they say, isn't it? Art is never finished, only abandoned. I have the most difficult time of all with Mixed Media and I love the mixed media kits and pages, but when I start putting them on a page of my own, it just looks like a mess to me. I've actually created some folders on my pc and placed some of my favorite white space pages and mixed media pages in them to study. Before I start either type of page I'll run through my folders for inspiration and remind myself it can be done, and done beautifully, I just have to keep practicing.
That's a great idea, Betty Jo! I struggle with white space. I should start a folder of some of my favorites, too. I don't have to do very many of those pages, only for specific challenges. Mixed media is so easy for me - we all have our faves, this thread is so interesting to read what everybody's favorites and least favorites are.

zanthia

CHEERY O
least favorite
-white space/ clean and simple is hard for me especially doing ct work as i feel the goal of a ct member is to show off the kit and using such few elements dont do that.
- another one is art journaling - not good in expressing feelings

favorite - fantasy, fantasy , fantasy!!!!
also like blending photo into background, using masks and clustering

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
I'm flexible (as my family utters a collective groan) when it comes to scrapping style. Really depends on the subject and the idea I have at the time.

Amandajk

My most favorite is one that has a lot of blending and doesn't really look like a scrap page, more of digital art. My next favorite is Art Journal.
Least favorite? Minimalist or a "recipe" scrap. (SORRY Cheryl!!! #dk#kiss3} I am very independent and tend to guard my choices. lol!

Last edited:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
My favorite style is eclectic with a mix of clustering, brushes, paper stacking and blending/masking. I like to fill up the page but can do minimalist too. I like templates too, especially tweaking them to suit my design and sometimes combining more than one together. My least favorite is a project life, pocket page style.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
least favorite
-white space/ clean and simple is hard for me especially doing ct work as i feel the goal of a ct member is to show off the kit and using such few elements dont do that.
- another one is art journaling - not good in expressing feelings

favorite - fantasy, fantasy , fantasy!!!!
also like blending photo into background, using masks and clustering
I love your fantasy pages! I'm not very good at that style, so they intrigue me. I love blending, too!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My most favorite is one that has a lot of blending and doesn't really look like a scrap page, more of digital art. My next favorite is Art Journal.
Least favorite? Minimalist or a "recipe" scrap. (SORRY Cheryl!!! #dk#kiss3 I am very independent and tend to guard my choices. lol!
Same, same, same!! No offense, Amanda - they're not my favorites, either - I just work here. BWAHAHA!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My favorite style is eclectic with a mix of clustering, brushes, paper stacking and blending/masking. I like to fill up the page but can do minimalist too. I like templates too, especially tweaking them to suit my design and sometimes combining more than one together. My least favorite is a project life, pocket page style.
Your eclectic, blended, stacked pages are fabulous, Rae! Pocket Style pages aren't easy to master, but I do love the ability to scrap lots of pictures - they're great for that.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm flexible (as my family utters a collective groan) when it comes to scrapping style. Really depends on the subject and the idea I have at the time.
That's a great answer, Adryane! That's because you can scrap many style if necessary. That's a good thing!

DesignsByCRK

Designer
I'm a traditional scrapper and tend to make layouts that fill up the page - i don't like wasted space - i figure if I'm printing it, I'm going to get as much on there as possible to get value for money :D i do create the occasional white space layout, but it is something that I struggle with - even when i do white space, I'll still put stuff around the edges of the paper because I can't help myself LOL. I'm also an event scrapper so tend to have lots of photos of events, and putting lots of photos on 1 page helps gets the event scrapped quicker.

Least favourite would be fantasy or really messy pages - i can appreciate them and the talent of the person who created them, but it's not something that I personally like in my albums.

Veronika

I also love blending and using masks, I like delicately textured background paper - yes - then I love a lot of small elements and there still has to be an empty area on the layout, it can't be totally covered
...I don't know what to call my style?

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
My favorite style is artsy, blending, blending and so on!! but to tell you the true I´m able to do any style even they are not so much fun.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Art journaling is definitely my favorite. Just so many different things to be done.

My least favorite is white space. I think the layouts are gorgeous but when I do them, I always feel like the page would be better if it just had more paint. lol

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm a traditional scrapper and tend to make layouts that fill up the page - i don't like wasted space - i figure if I'm printing it, I'm going to get as much on there as possible to get value for money :D i do create the occasional white space layout, but it is something that I struggle with - even when i do white space, I'll still put stuff around the edges of the paper because I can't help myself LOL. I'm also an event scrapper so tend to have lots of photos of events, and putting lots of photos on 1 page helps gets the event scrapped quicker.

Least favourite would be fantasy or really messy pages - i can appreciate them and the talent of the person who created them, but it's not something that I personally like in my albums.
I'm with you on filling the page. LOL If I see any negative space, I think I HAVE to put something there. I'm not big on fantasy either, but love seeing what others do with it.