Oscraps

What's the best gift you've ever received?

tjscraps

This one is mine - my mom gave me this after my dad passed. It's his fingerprint (taken before cremation) and hers, and then on the opposite side is their signatures (she found his on a card and got it transferred).

Obviously it's very sentimental, and I love that it's got both of them on there.

IMG_2670.jpg

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh Trina. That is the sweetest gift. I'm going to have to think about mine...
It is SO special, Trina. I'm like Linda, I'm going to have to think about this - my children and grandchildren, of course, but I'm sure that's not what you had in mind. I know there's something that I'm just not recalling.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, today I have to say the EHD my husband just ordered for me!

But to be honest, I have to say a small chocolate heart with the words "GLAD I DEG" (Norwegian for "I LOVE YOU") that he bought for me when he went to Norway with work for a couple of years ago. It wasn't huge, it was a cheap little thing, but the fact that he saw it, and bought it for me, melts my heart.

It's the unexpected gifts that are the best. It doesn't have to be huge or fancy. It's the fact that someone sees something, and think of me, and get it to give to me, that does it for me. I love the idea of being important enough for someone that I love. The gift in itself isn't as important, if you understand what I mean.

tjscraps

It's the unexpected gifts that are the best. It doesn't have to be huge or fancy. It's the fact that someone sees something, and think of me, and get it to give to me, that does it for me. I love the idea of being important enough for someone that I love. The gift in itself isn't as important, if you understand what I mean.
I totally agree!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This one is mine - my mom gave me this after my dad passed. It's his fingerprint (taken before cremation) and hers, and then on the opposite side is their signatures (she found his on a card and got it transferred).

Obviously it's very sentimental, and I love that it's got both of them on there.

View attachment 377326
Ohhh that is so incredible and touching ♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am going to think on this a bit but I can tell you a recurring theme of my faves. My kids know that I have a "tendency" to rail against injustices (*shoves soapbox behind me with my foot*) and fight for the underdogs (*picks up soapbox, tosses it away, and yells- Not now, soapbox*). Many of the meaningful gifts they have given me are chosen along those lines. One year Caitlyn got me a blanket made by indigent women in Mexico, with the money raised to help house them. This year Scott got me a framed print of a girl staring down a soldier during a protest in Chile, a previous year, he got me a bottle of wine whose vineyard donates proceeds to animal shelters. One of my favorite gift collections was a RBG hair scrunchie, a women's history puzzle, and a book by Rebecca Traister.

My family knows me too well. :p