Oscraps

What technique do you use most often on your pages?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We have had a bunch of really interesting threads on what our favorite scrap elements are (Team Brushes!) and the least (booooo on buttons). I am wondering what your favorite techniques are.
Do you like photo editing or processing?
Lots of filters?
Blending?
Typography?

As for me, I almost always use the blending modes on my pages. I love how they give me so many options on how things look. My second favorite is layer masks. I will always be in debt to @wombat146 for hosting challenges with tutorials on Layer Masks.

I can't wait to read about what you like to do. If you have a favorite tutorial, feel free to drop it here (as long as it is not linked to a different shop).

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I love to use masks, blend modes, gradient masks, duplicate layers, brushes and overlays. Then I get started on my clustering. Flowers and greenery make me happy.

Here's a really old Anna youtube video where she shows you how to use the gradient tool to fill in the edges of a mask when you photo doesn't fit the edging.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh yeah!! blending and masks, two of my fave things to do! So thrilled and happy to read that my tutorials helped you on your artistic journey Chris @faerywings :heartpumpred: :hug2: Nothing I love more than creating my own masks, using brushes and other things! I guess that is why I won't ever leave digital scrapping, there is nothing that comes close to being able to blend when working with hands on stuff! :)

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I love blending - either using blending modes, gradient transaprancy or brushes (though I rarely, if ever, make my own). But my most favorite is typography - I LOVE using text as element - word strips, titles and custom-made text shapes or paths... I feel journaling makes my pages more meaningful, and I also realized that when looking at the photos I scrapped years ago I regret not having recorded any details like who/where/when/why...

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I think my most overused technique is to turn fonts for titles into stickers by adding a stroke and I add strokes to my photos too! So really I am all about the strokes ;)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I love to use masks, blend modes, gradient masks, duplicate layers, brushes and overlays. Then I get started on my clustering. Flowers and greenery make me happy.

Here's a really old Anna youtube video where she shows you how to use the gradient tool to fill in the edges of a mask when you photo doesn't fit the edging.

I remember watching that video but never saved it and subsequently forgot how to do that. Thanks for reminding me about that!

Blending *something* is my favorite technique. It's a rare layout I make that doesn't call for it.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Blending ... and masks ... are my fav's ...
Thank you for sharing the video Rae ... I've never used the gradient tool to fill the mask ...

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I love to use masks and, when it calls for it, I edit photos to change the colors to go with my layouts. I don't like having colors in my photos that clash with the kit I am using. Therefore, I try to change the color of the photograph or make it black and white.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I love blending background papers to get the look I want. Also, masking of photographs, elements, lots of things.

Kythe

CHEERY O
All of the above. I really have to think hard to remember how to make a page without blending,overlays or masks somewhere. I love creating my own masks to suit the shape of my photos within the composition.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I love using brushes! I use them when I do blending or erasing you can do so much with them.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 Thank you so much for sharing that tutorial, I am planning on watching it this afternoon. I Ctrl-T masks to make them fit or I use brushes to extend/fill in/erase parts when they don't. I never thought to use gradients. Now I want to give that a whirl.

@wombat146 It's the truth, I'll never go back to paper scrapping because I can't *do* anything with paper. LOL Your tutorials are always the best.
@scribler Our styles are very much the same aren't they?
1f64c.svg
Brushes and blending, blending and (more) brushes

@Jam-on-toast and @ClaireG you are both wizards at creating word art!

@AZK @marijke @EvelynD2 @Cherylndesigns @zanthia Do you have a favorite/go-to blending mode? Obviously, it depends but I use Multiply and Screen a lot.

I am like so many of you and @Kythe -- A real challenge would be to scrap a page and not use blending :giggle4:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I remember watching that video but never saved it and subsequently forgot how to do that. Thanks for reminding me about that!

Blending *something* is my favorite technique. It's a rare layout I make that doesn't call for it.
Thank you for sharing this. I will have to watch it!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
@bcgal00 Thank you so much for sharing that tutorial, I am planning on watching it this afternoon. I Ctrl-T masks to make them fit or I use brushes to extend/fill in/erase parts when they don't. I never thought to use gradients. Now I want to give that a whirl.

@wombat146 It's the truth, I'll never go back to paper scrapping because I can't *do* anything with paper. LOL Your tutorials are always the best.
1f64c.svg

@AZK @marijke @EvelynD2 @Cherylndesigns @zanthia Do you have a favorite/go-to blending mode? Obviously, it depends but I use Multiply and Screen a lot.

I am like so many of you and @Kythe -- A real challenge would be to scrap a page and not use blending :giggle4:
I need mote tutorials on those techniques. Do you have links for some that would be helpful?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

1f64c.svg

I use different modes - I "play" a lot until I get the look I want. I use some of the styles, and play with the opacity/cofor and different "styles". I use the multiple and screen too.

zanthia

CHEERY O

1f64c.svg

i like to use overlay, soft light ,hard light/vivid light - just depends on what i am trying to blend

ClaireG

CHEERY O

1f64c.svg

Aw Chris, that is such a nice thing to say, I love creating titles!
I would LOVE to be a better blender, I might need to watch that tutorial!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I use different modes - I "play" a lot until I get the look I want. I use some of the styles, and play with the opacity/cofor and different "styles". I use the multiple and screen too.
I ended up scrolling through the modes so many times I can't remember what I did and which one I liked best. I'll switch layers, add another layer, take a layer away- scroll through the modes again. #crazy-2

This is when History Snapshots come in handy so I can delete the ones I don't like and narrow them down from there. The one thing I dislike when I do that is once I pick a snapshot, it wipes out the prior History states. Does anyone know if you can save your History?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I ended up scrolling through the modes so many times I can't remember what I did and which one I liked best. I'll switch layers, add another layer, take a layer away- scroll through the modes again. #crazy-2

This is when History Snapshots come in handy so I can delete the ones I don't like and narrow them down from there. The one thing I dislike when I do that is once I pick a snapshot, it wipes out the prior History states. Does anyone know if you can save your History?
I'm always embarassed to tell people I don't know what all I did. I just keep trying things until I get the look I want. :multitasking: