Oscraps

What is something that everyone seems to love but you hate?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have had this conversation a couple of times in the last few weeks. The "something" in question happened to be beets. I detest them. Didn't like them as a kid, don't like them as an adult. They seem to be popular with people who are trying to eat healthier, but whatever. :rolleyes:

Is there something you are the odd (wo)man out about? It doesn't have to be food-related, that's just what prompted the question.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Venison! My husband and I were invited to one of his business associates once, for a fancy dinner. He was a big hunter and they served venison as the meat course. I wouldn't eat it - told them I was a vegetarian (which isn't a stretch because I AM a semi-vegetarian). I don't eat much meat - everybody loves "a good steak" too and I'd rather have a loaded, baked potato.

We're back with the "everybody loves venison" again - my dd and I refuse to eat it. My hubby loves it and they even make venison jerky and summer sausage (which is made with venison). We have that "delicacy" in our fridge all the time, during season. UGH

DesignsByCRK

I don't eat pork or seafood. Makes me real popular during Good Friday and Christmas get togethers :p we just normally do a turkey breast for me at Christmas, Good Friday I go vegetarian for the day. Mum won't allow anyone to eat meat on Good Friday LOL, although she knows that tradition stops with her.

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I hate COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!...The smell...the color...the texture...Ugh!..But my husband loves! coffee!...but out of respect he keeps it away from me...So it's tolerable...LOL!...

Reactions: AZK

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I don't eat pork or seafood. Makes me real popular during Good Friday and Christmas get togethers :p we just normally do a turkey breast for me at Christmas, Good Friday I go vegetarian for the day. Mum won't allow anyone to eat meat on Good Friday LOL, although she knows that tradition stops with her.
@DesignsByCRK I hate seafood too!...I don't eat or partake either!!!!!!...but for health reasons I can't eat anyway... ;)...

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I don't really care for steak. I can eat it but its not something I really enjoy. I don't cook it for myself, don't order it in a restaurant and would much rather have ground beef, pork, chicken or go meatless.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I don't like seafood either, never have, so it really surprises me that two of my children are avid seafood eaters!! lol!! :)

But aside from food, my pet hate is 'reality' shows! ugh! just can't stand them! lol! :)

*gina*

CHEERY O
I hate the smell of meat and seafood and also - lots of women around talking non-stop - horrible

LSlycord

Fish...the rest of the family loves it but I hate it and I'm the cook...so if they want fish, they need to order it at the restaurant.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Venison! My husband and I were invited to one of his business associates once, for a fancy dinner. He was a big hunter and they served venison as the meat course. I wouldn't eat it - told them I was a vegetarian (which isn't a stretch because I AM a semi-vegetarian). I don't eat much meat - everybody loves "a good steak" too and I'd rather have a loaded, baked potato.

We're back with the "everybody loves venison" again - my dd and I refuse to eat it. My hubby loves it and they even make venison jerky and summer sausage (which is made with venison). We have that "delicacy" in our fridge all the time, during season. UGH
We ate a lot of venison when I was married as my ex was a hunter too, but it was always "disguised" in chili, lasagna, jerky, and sausage, where there were a lot of other seasonings. I tried venison as a steak once and didn't like it at all so never ate it that way.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Seafood seems to be a big one, but I happen to like it. And yes, people and reality shows are definitely in the running! Although I am a big Survivor fan. And I like all of you. #kiss

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We ate a lot of venison when I was married as my ex was a hunter too, but it was always "disguised" in chili, lasagna, jerky, and sausage, where there were a lot of other seasonings. I tried venison as a steak once and didn't like it at all so never ate it that way.
I'm surprised that they don't "disguise" it, but the men don't do the cooking - my dd would never do that to me. She doesn't like it either. (I'm not sure I'd even know it if it was in chili, or something like that. Haha)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My family is very similar. my dad is well over the age where you are allowed to eat meat on those days but he will never ever eat meat on them. My mom won't eat meat or cook meat in the house on Ash Wed/Good Friday but if we go to lunch -- it is like "Meat? Who me?? I *forgot* it is Good Friday;)
Funny story: My mom has the hardest time trying to wrap her head around why DD who is vegetarian won't eat fish because, in her mind, fish is *not* meat. LOL

I don't eat any beef, while pork and fish are very occasionally

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Funny story: My mom has the hardest time trying to wrap her head around why DD who is vegetarian won't eat fish because, in her mind, fish is *not* meat. LOL

That's way more common than you think. I don't even say "I don't eat meat" anymore. I say "I don't eat animals", people tend to remember that fish are animals. LOL