Oscraps

What are you watching: June?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I still think we watch way too much TV. We keep running out of shows and the list that @LazyDaisy provided the last time I asked for suggestions-- well, we have the same taste in TV but we either already watch the shows she suggested or they are on services that we don't get.
American Gods sounded really interesting but we don't have Starz.

Is there anything that you are really enjoying right now? Anything that might be coming up to watch?
We recently finished Fargo, The Handmaid's Tale, and Tell Me your Secrets. We are almost done with Justified, The Sinner, and The Underground Railroad.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm currently binging Outlander. I read the books way back when they were just being released and had to wait for each new one. I think that cushioned the fact that it's all really just tragedy after tragedy. When you watch all the seasons straight through, I'm beginning to get a little depressed lol

Still a great story overall.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Just finished season 2 of Ragnarok on Netflix. But you don't like to watch when it's not English. It's a great show though. Next I'll watch the new season of Lucifer, I think. Or I'm thinking of re-watching Stranger Things.

LazyDaisy

Hi, promise no long lists. I really enjoyed Girlz4eva. I googled & is on the peacock streaming library. It’s also on Stan. It’s a fun comedy. I’ve never watched the pitch perfect movies & they are on Netflix so I’ll be checking them out. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vicki- IKWYM about the tragedies one on top of each other with Outlander. I borrow the DVDs from my library so I have to cram the entire season into less than 2 weeks. I also think that because we know the rest of the story so far, certain things hit us differently and/or more strongly because we know what will happen to them in the future.

Eva- I was looking at my recommended shows on Netflix and so many of them were listed as Finnish or Scandinavian Crime Dramas. I wish I could not get distracted by the overdubbing because so many of the summaries sounded fascinating.

@LazyDaisy ;) I appreciated your list and searched for almost all your suggestions. Keep them coming!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I did spend (too much) time looking at Amazon and Netflix and added a few to our watch list.
We started Poldark which takes place post-Rev. War but in England. It is filmed beautifully and is easy to watch. It doesn't make my brain hurt like some shows where it is so complicated to keep the threads straight. I need that sometimes.
We also started Good Girls which I think is going to be a lot of fun.

tanteva

Eva- I was looking at my recommended shows on Netflix and so many of them were listed as Finnish or Scandinavian Crime Dramas. I wish I could not get distracted by the overdubbing because so many of the summaries sounded fascinating.

I can't watched dubbed shows either. So distracting. But we're very used to subtitles here in Sweden. In fact, I often turn the subtitles on even if I'm watching a Swedish show. People are always mumbling - and I'm eating LOL Even then - I'm having a hard time watchng shows where I don't know the language. I need to at least have a decent grip of what they are saying.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I have watched a lot of scandinavian crimis and it is worth it, listening to a new language with subtitles. We are so used to subtitles, all non dutch shows have subtitles.
Netflix has many language options, but it seems silly to listen to a swedish show in english because i would still need the subtitles!
and so many words seem to look like english words!

scrap-genie

You'll laugh at what we're watching! We don't watch much in the way of TV shows, and none of the "cable" or streaming types but we're now watching VEEP via DVDs from the library. We can only stand to watch about 2 at a time and not consecutive days so we're just in season 3 with lots more to go. I put a hold on a copy of Nomadland that I picked up today so looking forward to that movie.

LazyDaisy

You'll laugh at what we're watching! We don't watch much in the way of TV shows, and none of the "cable" or streaming types but we're now watching VEEP via DVDs from the library. We can only stand to watch about 2 at a time and not consecutive days so we're just in season 3 with lots more to go. I put a hold on a copy of Nomadland that I picked up today so looking forward to that movie.
I love Veep. If you ever come across the show Thick of it, it’s a British comedy that maybe at the library. It’s by the same creator of Veep & it’s was on a while ago, definitely before Veep. It is also a political satire. Does the library stock many uk shows?

LazyDaisy

In Australia we can watch geo blocked streaming services via a VPN. It is legal here & a lot of other places. It allows me to watch content like. BBC iplayer & it’s free. Am I allowed to talk about it here. It’s for people who don’t know, but I think everyone must know already. It’s not a new thing. I thought about mentioning it as I can access so many free streaming services. Though you have to pay for a vpn (usually you get free trials). There are free vpns but I’ve never tried them. So is it ok for me to talk about it &/or everyone already knows already, old news. :D

Also you can’t do anything illegal with your VPN switched on so I’m not going to encourage illegal behaviour. Lol.

tanteva

I watched a movie on Netflix yesterday: Love and Monsters. It was quite good. It's set in the future where monsters are controlling the world, and it's about a man who sets of to find his old girlfriend.

tanteva

Hubby & I are watching this serie right now: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4370528/ It's called The Five and is based on a novel by Harlan Coben.

It's on the Swedich public servide channel, but if you can find it anywhere I can really recommend it. We're halfway through now, and it's great.

zanthia

CHEERY O
I did spend (too much) time looking at Amazon and Netflix and added a few to our watch list.
We started Poldark which takes place post-Rev. War but in England. It is filmed beautifully and is easy to watch. It doesn't make my brain hurt like some shows where it is so complicated to keep the threads straight. I need that sometimes.
We also started Good Girls which I think is going to be a lot of fun.

is poldark similar to outlander ?

zanthia

CHEERY O
just recently watched mare of easttown on HBO - excellent and lucifer season 5 part 2 on netflix - that was just fabulous. Also saw netflic's jupiters legacy - very good but its been cancelled with a cliffhanger ending( but still worth watching )

not havng netflix since last december there are so many shows on there i want to watch.

tanteva

I started on a British show last night, only seen the 1st episode, but I think I'll like it. It's called Land Girls, and is set during WW2 in Britain. About women who worked in agriculture during the war in Women's Land Army.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Land_Army

I love the knitted cardigans they have ... nerd ... I need to find patterns LOL

tanteva

just recently watched mare of easttown on HBO - excellent and lucifer season 5 part 2 on netflix - that was just fabulous. Also saw netflic's jupiters legacy - very good but its been cancelled with a cliffhanger ending( but still worth watching )

not havng netflix since last december there are so many shows on there i want to watch.

I can't stop with Netflix (hence I don't have HBO or any other streaming service). So many shows I follow... New season of Virgin River soon. And thanks for the reminder - still need to see Lucifer.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We've been watching Heartland all summer. It's on Netflix and we JUST got "real" TV, so we started watching it with ROKU. It's a family saga that takes place in British Columbia, Canada and was filmed there. It's in the 20th season now and has been on for years. The kids are growing up - it's really cool to see the same actors and how they're aging. It's also very much about horses and we LOVE horses, so we were hooked from the first night. We watch a couple of hours any evening we don't have anything else to do. It's just a heart warming show.

zanthia

CHEERY O
I can't stop with Netflix (hence I don't have HBO or any other streaming service). So many shows I follow... New season of Virgin River soon. And thanks for the reminder - still need to see Lucifer.

only have HBO so i can get some new movies as not going to the movie theatre ( some theatrical releases are same time as theatre and hbo ) - just watched In the Heights . normally do not have hbo .

i love virgin river

Danesa

Danesa
Oh my gosh. Just finished watching Ice Road (with Liam Neeson). I think I spent an hour & 50 minutes not breathing. Utmost suspense.

tanteva

Oh my gosh. Just finished watching Ice Road (with Liam Neeson). I think I spent an hour & 50 minutes not breathing. Utmost suspense.
Oh, have to see if it's on Netflix here in Sweden. Sometimes we don't get the movies for a while. Really annoying that the streaming services can't have the same stuff in all countries.

I could get a VPN - but I really don't want to spend that extra money.

tanteva

We started on Katla yesterday. Saw 4 episodes! It's really intriguing and we were talking today, that we have no idea what's happening in the show and where it will go. It's Icelandic, so I guess it's nothing for Chris, who doesn't like to watch dubbed shows. But I recommend it - really good. And I love the sound of the Icelandic language, for me it really adds to the mystic feeling about the show.

zanthia

CHEERY O

just watched that last night, did a double feature with thunderforce on netflix - enjoyed both