Oscraps

What are you currently reading?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I know that some of us are waiting each month for the First Reads, but what are you reading in the meantime?

I'm almost finished with "Recipes for Second Chances" by Ali Rosen. I'm pretty sure it was a First Read, but it's very cute.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I'm trying out a new crime series by Sally Rigby featuring Sebastian Clifford... done with the first three books and am now wondering whether to go for the fourth right now, or take a short break and continue with The Chronicles of St. Mary's, that I am currently on a break from... decisions decisions...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am reading Let Us Descend
Caitlyn is on a summer reading search committee for work and had to report on two books which she passed on to me. I am about 2/3 of the way through this and it is gorgeously and heartbreaking written.
It's about a young enslaved girl who is sold as a punishment. She has a connection to spirits who guide her as she is forced to travel to the Deep South.
It's not a light read, that's for sure.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm trying out a new crime series by Sally Rigby featuring Sebastian Clifford... done with the first three books and am now wondering whether to go for the fourth right now, or take a short break and continue with The Chronicles of St. Mary's, that I am currently on a break from... decisions decisions...
Oh, those sound good, Olga. I'm always looking for "series books". Thanks for sharing.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I am reading Let Us Descend
Caitlyn is on a summer reading search committee for work and had to report on two books which she passed on to me. I am about 2/3 of the way through this and it is gorgeously and heartbreaking written.
It's about a young enslaved girl who is sold as a punishment. She has a connection to spirits who guide her as she is forced to travel to the Deep South.
It's not a light read, that's for sure.
Oh wow, Chris. That sounds amazing! Thanks for the great idea!

AK_Tracy

What is first reads??? I love a good book. I'm on #23 of 26. Murder mysteries, suspense, drama, ahhhhh. Starts with The Girl in Cabin 13 by A J Rivers. Really good. I also have been plowing my way through Kristin Hannah's books.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
What is first reads??? I love a good book. I'm on #23 of 26. Murder mysteries, suspense, drama, ahhhhh. Starts with The Girl in Cabin 13 by A J Rivers. Really good. I also have been plowing my way through Kristin Hannah's books.
Every month, Amazon comes out with free "First Reads" on their site. We always post a reminder on here for everybody. They're digital books. @AK_Tracy here's the link to the April First Reads. I don't know if they're still available or not, but like I said, we post a reminder every month: https://oscraps.com/community/threads/its-amazon-first-reads-time.39587/

What you're currently reading sounds good.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I’m currently reading The Bicycle Book Club by Jessie Newton. It’s the 10th in the Fire Island Cove series. It’s a clean romance series. I really like the way this author keeps weaving the stories of the main characters throughout the series.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I’m currently reading The Bicycle Book Club by Jessie Newton. It’s the 10th in the Fire Island Cove series. It’s a clean romance series. I really like the way this author keeps weaving the stories of the main characters throughout the series.
I love series books, Cindy. I would probably enjoy this author. Thanks for sharing what you're reading.