Oscraps

What are you baking this season?

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I just made tollhouse pie yesterday- that will likely be it- I don't need the sweets and my boys said they don't want anything since they are not coming home for the holidays

Ellen

Gluhwein, oh no that's making not baking.

Banoffie Pie is high on the list, flapjacks and Dundee cake and fruity traybake

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I was a baking fool yesterday! I made 4 kinds of cookies yesterday, in addition for the 5 (?) kinds already in my freezer, so I think I am just about done.

I made:
Walnut Balls
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Fregolata
Toasty Coconut Wedges

In the freezer:
Walnut Cups
Gingerbread Men
Can't Leave Alone Bars
Magic Bars
Peanut Butter Bars
Gary's Christmas Short breads

I'll see if I can link you up to some recipes later. :)

whatnext

i'm baking bread. then, since we're having just a teenytiny Christmas this year, i'll make some Buckeyes (my daughter loves the things. they're a pain to make.) and i think i'll dip some Oreo TripleDoubles in chocolate and put a little sugar snowflake on top of each. THAT is easy! for me, i might try to use the new Whey Low powdered sugar i just ordered to make a few buckeyes for me. not sure how the stuff will affect my blood sugar though. hard to get enthusiastic about baking when i can't eat ANY of it!

petey111

I started to answer this..don't know what happened! LOL

My new tradition (past two years) Pioneer Woman's Angel Sugar Cookies
Cookie Dough Truffles
Chex Mix School Fuel
Oyster Crackers
Mom's Mint Fudge

Those are my "every year" make them items.

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Made (& ate) my first batch of mince pies yesterday ...

Also, made (& drank) my second batch of mulled wine yesterday too ...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
YUM Peanut Brittle! I should make that this year. I'm betting it's gluten free.

What are Burnt Almond Squares?

janedee

YUM Peanut Brittle! I should make that this year. I'm betting it's gluten free.

What are Burnt Almond Squares?

They're really easy Vicki!
The base is an almond flavored (butter,sugar,flour) crust, topped with melted chocolate and then toasted sliced almonds pressed on top. I don't have the actual recipe handy. Let me know if you'd like it.

trista

O so scrappy!
no recipes handy....
but for me I'm on my 4th double batch of Texas Trash - a spicy version of Chex Party Mix.

Before Christmas arrives there will be several batches of chocolate chip cookies.
Forgotten Cookies - my favorite since childhood.
Peanut Butter Fudge
Dipped Pretzels
I think that's it. We are staying home this year (until after Christmas day), so most of these will be gifts for a few friends and the rest for us.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
They're really easy Vicki!
The base is an almond flavored (butter,sugar,flour) crust, topped with melted chocolate and then toasted sliced almonds pressed on top. I don't have the actual recipe handy. Let me know if you'd like it.
oh sounds delish!!!!!!

hekas

aA Creative Team Member
We have two traditional Christmas-cake. One of them called "zserbo", this cake is filled with jam and walnut, and sprayed with chocolate.

zserbo-anita-modra-karacsonyi-recept1.jpg

The other is beigli, and my favorite type is full of poppy
images

janedee

We have two traditional Christmas-cake. One of them called "zserbo", this cake is filled with jam and walnut, and sprayed with chocolate.

zserbo-anita-modra-karacsonyi-recept1.jpg

The other is beigli, and my favorite type is full of poppy
images

Mmmmm! Those sound and look wonderful!

CindaA

that actually sounds wonderful! I'll have to see if I can find a gluten free version

Vicki, if you haven't discovered Jules flour, you should order some! You can pretty much use it instead of regular flour to make anything gluten free! We did cookies, pizza crusts, tortillas, cakes, etc. Sadly we are paleo now so I'm trying to bake with almond flour, coconut flour, and honey or maple syrup!

CindaA

You're right, it's not sad, but we miss pizza! I put "meatza pie" on our schedule sometime for the next two weeks. I could go for a paleo support group! It's actually not too bad. DH and I have both lost weight. Our son who we are doing this for however can't stand to loose another ounce. It's just hard to go to family dinners or potlucks. I've been able to make some quite tasty things. Praying he starts to feel better soon! I know we'll all be healthier because of it.

petey111

I hope it helps Cinda!!! We are doing it just to feel better and healthier. When we are tired, it's the hardest. Not planning ahead and having much energy to cook healthy meals.

We also have really included Basmati Rice in our meals. That helps a bit, though I know that's not 100% paleo.

Hoping you all feel better soon....and that Heather found some goodies to bake! LOL

annaaspnes

annaaspnes
Designer
I've never been big on the baking at Christmas. I might make a batch of cookies if inclined but then again I do that year ago. I'm coming up a year on Paleo...Who knew that by simply supporting my husband in his quest to ease his food allergies that I would find the best way of eating for me?

Going to have a go at the biscotti from this list:
http://www.elanaspantry.com/christmas-cookie-round-up/

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
I am 5 months into Paleo and love it. I cheat a tiny bit but very little. I feel better and don't miss anything really. Its just a common sense way to eat. I do bake for the kids though.