Oscraps

Water, water, water....

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I really need to increase my water intake. I know that I just feel so much better all around - reduced anxiety, less appetite, better skin, etc... but I just recently read that chronic dehydration might lead to breast cancer. Although really, anything and everything seems to lead to some form of cancer, but you know, I've spent my whole adult life being dehydrated.

So, anyone have any tips on getting more water in each day?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I keep a good stainless steel water bottle by me all day . It stays nice and cold and I find it makes me drink more!

Jazz2000

I bought some fancy glass water bottles. For me, it's easier to drink from something pretty. And I notice a plastic taste from plastic water bottles. I'm into essential oils & I put one drop of citrus fresh in it (on the ice & pour water over it). That helps when there's a little flavor to the water but not over-powering.

Like Trudy, my water has to be cold for me to drink it.

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Mine has to be cold too... I do have a plastic container but it is pretty big. I make sure I finish at least one a day. But I used to do 3... I need to go back to that

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I'm with you on that. Even though my mouth is dry like a desert I still don't take the time to go downstairs to get some lol

I don't like cold water I prefer to have mine at room temperature. Actually in Japan restaurants always give you a ice cold glass of water with ice cubes when you get in and I now tend to ask them to bring me a different one with no ice... It is already pretty darn cold and they add ice cubes (duh!). I don't think it's good for the stomach.
The worse I know is when the ice cubes are all tiny and crushed and you have trouble avoiding them to get in your mouth lol At least if they are big I can even take them out lol
I love the idea of a nice bottle to drink from. Maybe I can increase my intake in a day if I keep it with me when at the computer and be more motivated to drink more in a day than I do now. If I can find a 1l bottle it can be easy to think of filling it once per day to get at most 2l of water. I could use some more hydrated skin lol

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I can't drink water without bubbles ... I try to drink a bottle of 1 liter at school ... and in the evening I try to drink a half bottle ...
Sometimes I put a few pieces of lime in the bottle - in summer pieces of lime with fresh mint ... very tasty

A member of a FB group uses a reminder on the bottle - I don't know it

https://www.ulla.io/

I think I buy a lightbox ...

2mg46jn.jpg

bcgal00

CHEERY O
In the summer I put a pitcher of water in the fridge with a few drops of flavored stevia in it (usually berry, orange or lemon). I won't drink the artificially flavors for water like Crystal Lite b/c I try not to ingest any artificial sugars (except for the stevia). I also have two big oversized mugs and they each hold about 4 cups so will often fill one of those up when sitting in my office so I don't need to get up to refill it for quite awhile.

timounette

CHEERY O
I usually drink 2 mugs of coffe in the morning.
And I always have a 0.5 l bottle of water on my desk.
I drink 2-3 glass of water at every meal
In the evening I usually drink another bottle of 0.5l with bubbles and white mint (Ricqlès), and sometime some herb tea.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I use an app, Water Time Pro that I have set to remind me every hour to drink water and it sets my goal based on sex and weight. There is a little water droplet that smiles when you log water and is very sad when you don't. I don't want my water droplet to be sad. :(

I only drink out of stainless bottles. No plastic for me unless I have no choice. BPA Free plastic used a different composite that is actually a worse hormone disrupter than BPA.
That is really interesting to hear about chronic dehydration and cancer, Vicki.

My goal based on weight is 41 oz. and most of the time I get that, esp since I don't drink anything other than water, coffee, tea, and wine. That has to count too?? :)

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
I agree with finding a few good water bottles that you like, and get used to carrying one with you! If it's always by your side, you're more likely to drink it from it throughout the day.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I measure out how much water I want to drink throughout the day- 2 of my big glass bottle. I prefer room temp water and drinking through a straw. I try to empty the bottle one time before lunch and second time before bed. I may not always drink as much as I want, however I am more consistent.

DivaMom96

Live, love, create.
I keep bottles of water everywhere - by my bed, at my desk, etc. I also drink water-based drinks, like tea, flavored water, etc.

Another one of my friends has a huge water bottle that she carries everywhere. It works for her.

felis

Personally I'm put a glass cup in the middle of my room, if you can see it from everywhere is much more likely to drink often. At first was a little strange to have a cup on the library, but I needed from best place.
My mom use water carafe, it's good decision to track the exact amount of commitments liquids. But I believe in the theory that water is energises from the environment and don't want much of it to stay at room with TV, because can collect bad energy.
Also in my town I can drink the tab water, but when I lived in the south part water wasn't good for my stomach, so when you drink bottled water, try to alternate mineral and spring water.

petey111

I keep a good stainless steel water bottle by me all day . It stays nice and cold and I find it makes me drink more!

Me too! It's an insulated Klean Kanteen! One Friday, I filled it up with ice in the morning and forgot to fill it with water. It stayed in my school bag all weekend and Monday morning, it was still filled with ice.

The nurse at work hates water and she started using these to help encourage her to drink water: I like the orange and the lime.
https://www.truelemonstore.com/orange-flavoring-s/1821.htm?gclid=CN747ozewtECFZY1aQodp2cOlg

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm loving all the ideas and comments. I've gotten a 32 oz camelbak that I can carry around. That's helped a bit this week, but I still need to get better!

but, progress is progress!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
water check in! How is everyone doing? I have been hitting my goal of 41 fl oz *most* days and when I don't I am usually pretty close.
I am telling ya, the sad water droplet face in my app gives me such guilt! :pound:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Personally I'm put a glass cup in the middle of my room, if you can see it from everywhere is much more likely to drink often. At first was a little strange to have a cup on the library, but I needed from best place.
My mom use water carafe, it's good decision to track the exact amount of commitments liquids. But I believe in the theory that water is energises from the environment and don't want much of it to stay at room with TV, because can collect bad energy.
Also in my town I can drink the tab water, but when I lived in the south part water wasn't good for my stomach, so when you drink bottled water, try to alternate mineral and spring water.
Have you ever charged you water with crystals? Or with Reiki? I used to many years ago, and think I should get my crystals cleansed well. I can't imagine how much crud they are holding onto, esp my big quartz chunk that is in my office.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I keep bottles of water everywhere - by my bed, at my desk, etc. I also drink water-based drinks, like tea, flavored water, etc.

Another one of my friends has a huge water bottle that she carries everywhere. It works for her.

My DIL has bottles of water everywhere, but never drinks any of them LOL!

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
My DIL has bottles of water everywhere, but never drinks any of them LOL!

She's like the girl in the movie with Mel Gibson "Signs" where she asks for many glasses of water ut they keep laying around all full but she doesn't drink them... There is a reason to it but I don't know if I should say it and spoil the mystery lol
I thought that movie's suspens was great. ;)

NancyP

I don not like water! Which is why it is so hard for me to remember to drink it. I will go to bed at night and realize I never drank a drop of water all day! And I am not thirsty!! Coffee doesn't count as it dehydrates you. Now I put a 1/2 gallon of water on the counter where I can't miss it and I drink from it all day. My water has to be room temp. I have yet to empty that 1/2 gallon by the end of the day, but I'm working on it.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
water check in! How is everyone doing? I have been hitting my goal of 41 fl oz *most* days and when I don't I am usually pretty close.
I am telling ya, the sad water droplet face in my app gives me such guilt! :pound:

I have found a rather dull small thermos bottle I had and I fill it when I can so I guess I am doing better than usual. Not there yet but getting better.

DoggiNo

I fill a 750 ml water bottle every morning to take to work with me and most days it's at least still half full when I go home. The plants at home get plenty to drink LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Maybe using a straw would help you all drink more? If you don't like the taste of water, you will get less of it on your tongue. :p

Baby steps are good- the fact that everyone is at least trying to get more water in is a super step forward.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
NancyP- if coffee counted, I would be good to go. (and go and go-- I would be peeing forever hahaha!!!)

Katja- my plants get the leftover water in the mornings. I need to keep a bottle by my bed, and my water must be cold and I won't use ice cuz can't stand having anything floating in my drinks- so they get the room temp stuff when I wake up.:)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm doing better, but I still need to up it. I think I may just set an alarm on my phone to guzzle an 8 oz glass every few hours....

I used to have a plant app on my phone for and I deleted it when I kept letting the plants die lol

felis

Have you ever charged you water with crystals? Or with Reiki? I used to many years ago, and think I should get my crystals cleansed well. I can't imagine how much crud they are holding onto, esp my big quartz chunk that is in my office.
Actually not. I'm worked with crystals, because I like gemstone and crystal jewellery, but charged the stones with sun or moon lights. I'm not familiar with Reiki (at last I know it's something like combination between meditation and EFT).

I read in the "Magazine 8", about IC Medicals transmitted, Kangen water and Flaška bottle, but they all sounds suspicious to me. There have a big percent of placebo effect and all these scientist which are developed these methods makes money from the products which is serious prerequisite to influence on the results of their tests.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I fill a 750 ml water bottle every morning to take to work with me and most days it's at least still half full when I go home. The plants at home get plenty to drink LOL

I used to have a plant app on my phone for and I deleted it when I kept letting the plants die lol

Thanks for the morning laugh lol

I don't like cold water so mine is always room temperature therefore my plants are dying from extreme thirst lol