Oscraps

Valentines - do you buy or make your own

Homemade or Store Bought - the valentine debate

• Um yes, home made all the way baby....

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Ah, No...who has time to do stuff like this....

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

kaytebug

Do you use your stash to make valentines or do you purchase valentines for your kiddos/for yourself?

I'll need some valentines for church (to give out to the kiddos) and got inspired this week - I cannot take credit for all of the "sayings." A few came from a variety of sources....

But I used Kitty Designs Animals and Hearts, along with Sue Cummings chalk frames and came up with these valentines...

I want to make some using Hollie's new hoot kit....I'll post those when I get them made...

Sometimes I just need to do this, to get my mojo crankin!

stephie

i really don't have a need to make them yet because my dd's don't have a preschool yet. But when I do I plan to design them on the computer and put a photo on there...

btw...where are you in AR? Just wondering if you are close to me!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
My kiddos all make their own. We usually have a valentine party where we make them all together with other homeschool families...then we have another party (cause we are really partiers!! LOL!!) to give them to each other!! LOL!!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE yours, Kay!!

Bush Girl

You missed "don't send" as a category - LOL!

Me & DH have been together for over 16 years - we certainly don't bother about sending each other a card anymore! And, on account of above, there isn't anyone else I'd be sending one to either!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
When the kids were little, we used to just buy them from the $ store. Then we went to printed out on the computer. Now that are at that age.... Valentines-- no way!!

As for me and Gary- we don't do much inthe way of cards. I am one of those holidays are bogus deals.

But Kaylea, your cards are absolutely adorable! Love them!!!!

Bush Girl

Your kids send Valentine's cards ??? Really? To whom?

Gosh I'm so glad I've got years before that will kick in with my daughter and I'm quite sure she won't be sharing with me who the lucky guy will be! And being the mother of 2 boys also, I don't suppose they will ever think to send a girl a valentine - you know what men are like, right!

Last edited by a moderator:

kaytebug

Your kids send Valentine's cards ??? Really? To whom?

Gosh I'm so glad I've got years before that will kick in with my daughter and I'm quite sure she won't be sharing with me who the lucky guy will be! And being the mother of 2 boys also, I don't suppose they will ever think to send a girl a valentine - you know what men are like, right!

The kids exchange cards at school, at least in the elementary years (primary school - up to sixth grade). Then it's mostly the girls giving cards to girls...lol...

kaytebug

i really don't have a need to make them yet because my dd's don't have a preschool yet. But when I do I plan to design them on the computer and put a photo on there...

btw...where are you in AR? Just wondering if you are close to me!

Near XNA Airport....u near here?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please tell me that you are blessed to not have the (IMHO LOL) obnoxious Valentine Card sending parties in school. Everyone has to send a small Valentine to every one else, and boy, is it a pain when they are little and the mom is the one writing out little cards to 25 other classmates! :D

Bush Girl

Thanks for the explanation, K, I was beginning to wonder. Sending a Valentine's card in the UK is a fairly serious intention of love - or some sad sicko, trying to wind someone up. Put it this way, if I got as many as 3 during my childhood I'd be surprised (can't/don't want to now remember).

Just goes to show how different cultures deal with things differently (yet I'd have put the UK & US cultures at pretty much the same place, especially having lived in Asia for years - now that's REALLY different !).

t_a_l_i

I checked Don't make, but that is really b/c we don't do them yet.

Ella might do them this year since she is now in preschool. My feeling on this year is: the 4-5 year olds in her class aren't going to appreciate me spending time making hand-made Valentines, and we don't have a nice printer so I'd have to get them printed somewhere else. So ... I'll be buying them. :)

mei74

Oh, Kaylea, they are super cute!! Last year I made some to send to the grandparents, but I'll need to check about how the daycare does it. I imagine I'll be buying 'em.

hollie h

Kaylea, those are just too cute!

And every year I swear I am going to make and every year I end up buying.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Yeah, I buy 'em. :) Do I wish I made 'em - you bet! Hmmm.... maybe I will make 'em this year.

Kaylea, I LOVE your cards, they are CUTE!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I have never made them before but this year I think I am going to make little bag toppers with some little stuff in them for the kids. i read somewhere about melting crayons into hearts and I think I am going to make a couple per kid and a piece or two of candy. Ethan likes giving stuff like that so it will work out good I think. We'll see. then I don't have to write a thing because each one will say "Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Ethan" Not too hard. We'll see how it goes.

stephie

Near XNA Airport....u near here?
nope...esp since I had to look up where it was. I'm about 4-6 hours away, north of LR. My aunt and uncle live near you, as well as some very good friends. They just moved up in your area.

petey111

Last year, I made some and bought some. I'll do the same thing this year. Probably make the ones that go to Grandma and Grandpa and I'm going to use the layout I'm doing for ADSR #3 for Ben's aunts. I haven't decided about the daycare kids yet. We have conferences and have the Friday off of Valentine's Day, so I'll have some time. (No one ever comes to see the librarian at conferences!) We'll see where it goes.

snappy2003

My kids are grown now but when they were little we made their v-day cards to give at school. Now I still make my DH a card :).

LindaPete

These are really cute Kayte!
My kids are all over the valentine age. The favorites around here had winnie the pooh and his pals on them.
Hubby calls Valentine's Day "Forced Affection Day".

Last edited by a moderator:

~*Lainebean*~

As my mom said, we usually make them (this involves cutting, multiple sheets at a time, red and pink paper into little note-size fold em cards, sticking 1 or 2 stickers on them and writing to:blah love/from:blah...not too intensive :)) But i like buying them and seeing the cute things too. :)