Oscraps

UPDATED: For those of you following my Diamond saga…

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
(1-1/2 months ago the Diamond fell out of my wedding ring and it was lost)

You are never going to believe this, but I think we found my diamond! Meli comes running down the stairs and says that Natalie (her friend spending the night) found a Diamond on the floor in her bedroom! We put it on the ring (obviously we couldn’t set it) but it looks like it is the same size. It’s not as sparkly as I remember it so I hope it’s not a costume jewelry thing she found. I was going to the jeweler tomorrow to look at new diamonds, but I might be just getting my old Diamond set back in and the ring fixed!!! Either way I’m fine with the outcome!

update:
And the results are in: not my Diamond.

It was glass. I made sure to have her check the other three diamonds in my ring already and they are indeed very good diamonds.

I was skeptical, afraid she’d say it was not real to get the sale, but she tested them all right in front of me.

Last edited:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Wow... sounds like you were increadibly lucky... which makes me wonder... just how big was the diamond... lol... it was a rethorical quesiton, you don't need to answer it...

DesignsByCRK

Designer
What incredible luck!!! I've got my fingers crossed it's the real thing and not the costume jewellery stone.

LSlycord

Oh wow! That would be great news! Hoping that it is your diamond...and that seems like a very good possibility. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That would be amazing if it is-- it had to be right??? I hope so!!

Funny story-- my DD had small diamond stud earrings when she was very young. One day we noticed that the stone had fallen out. We looked all over but never found it. We also had a dog who liked to chew on pebbles. She would grab one from outside and chew on it for what seemed like hours.
I don't remember how long in between this happened but it was weeks or months, and we noticed Ray chewing on a pebble. I took it out of her mouth, and it was the diamond!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I can't wait to hear what the jeweler says! Fingers crossed!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Wow... sounds like you were increadibly lucky... which makes me wonder... just how big was the diamond... lol... it was a rethorical quesiton, you don't need to answer it...
It was .25 of a carat. Very small.