Oscraps

~tylertooo!

Katherine B

I seen your "No May Gray in Ramona" in the gallery (gorgeous layout by the way!) . . . I am from POWAY! Well, not FROM Poway . . . I grew up in Mira Mesa but had been living in Poway for several years when I got the most ridiculous idea to move to northeastern Indiana.

I sooOOoo miss Poway! And Rancho Pennasquitos! And Rancho Bernardo! La Jolla too! I can't even begin to imagine how much everything has changed out there!

Last edited by a moderator:

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
Katherine, I had seen that you had gone to Mt. Carmel High School, and figured it might be out my way, but was not sure. Although I am from Connecticut, I moved to San Diego many years ago, and my dh, who is a CA native (Coronado), and I moved to Poway when we married 23 years ago. I don't know how long you have been gone, but there had been quite a bit of building, but Poway is still a great little town. I work in Sorrento Mesa (end of Mira Mesa Blvd) - small world.

Katherine B

It is a small world, Joanie! I sooOOoo miss San Diego! I dream of moving back every . single . day! I still have family there (a younger sister - Vista area) and am hoping to return for a visit (for the last many years we've all met up in Texas when we vacation - nearly all of my family relocated to the Dallas/Fort Worth area when we left California).

When I do come back . . . Domenic's Restaurante and Deli will be the FIRST place I go . . . I sooOOoo love their Ravioli Romano (I was working for Domenic when I got the cRazY notion to move)! ;D ;D

La Jolla will be second! =] =]

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
It certainly is a magical place when it comes to perfection in the weather. I am so spoiled in that regard.

Katherine B

Small world coincidences are the best, Clara! And truly, Joanie . . . perfection is an understatement!

I think one of the things I miss most . . . especially about Poway . . . are the mountains! Poway really does/did have some of the most beautiful mountains! Hoping they're still there . . . ?? . . . I can't imagine that they aren't.

Where I am now . . . nothing but flat. HATE it!

dwsewbiz

We are contemplating Temecula for retirement, from San Jose.

We have a few years, but any advice appreciated :)

I am looking for it to be a little warmer and a little cheaper than San Jose :)

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
Diane, Temecula would be warmer, and it is growing so fast, and the good thing is - it is close enough to both San Diego or Riverside, if you want to visit a larger city. I am guessing Temecula is a bit cheaper, but frankly, I see California as a very expensive state in general. I hate to think that I will have to do so, but I fear I will retire to another state, and will really hate to leave the area. I have time before that happens, so we will see how the years go between now and then.

Katherine, I have never dined at Domenics, - because I am Italian, and grew up with my grandma's cooking, Italian restaurants never seemed to compare to grandma's cooking, but I will have to go and try it out and I will think of you while I am dining. I think the canoli would be worth the visit. I haven't had one in years. yum!

dwsewbiz

Oh good to hear it is warmer in Temecula...we want to make sure not to go to a fog belt. That's why places like Santa Cruz are out of the question...I cannot endure a cold summer!

Yes, I know there are probably 48 or so states that are less expensive places to live than California (I am thinking it is more expensive in Hawaii) but I am not leaving. Would rather live in a tiny place in Cali than a mansion anywhere else. Love it here :)

Katherine B

Joanie, though Domenic's may not compare to your grandma's cooking . . . I'm sure it will come close! Seriously!

Domenic's is the reason why I can't eat Italian food any more (since leaving CA)! No kidding! I've NEVER been able to find anywhere that compares to the food there . . . and believe me, I've tried! I have since stopped trying to find somewhere that compares and simply no longer eat Italian food (at a restaurant anyway . . . I do make my own lasagna and some other things). =[ =[

If you go I hope the food is still as good now as it was when I was there. Antonio was the head chef when I was there. He was straight from Sicily and I swear! That man could cook! His seafood gumbo was to DIE FOR! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

*sigh*

So wish I was there! Maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to return (crossing my fingers).