Oscraps

The strangest thing I've ever seen ...

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I have a curious story to tell you that is always a source of parody in my family. My sister had twins a few years ago, they were born just a few minutes apart in the same hospital. These few minutes were enough to be recorded by different employees. Conclusion: Both were born in the same council but in different parishes, LoL my sister usually laughs and says that one was born and ran to the next parish. Do you have inexplicable stories like this? Share please ...

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
In the vein of mistaken recordkeeping: when my younger sister was born, her name was supposed to be Annamarie. Whoever at the hospital filled out her birth certificate put it down as first name: Anna, middle name: Marie. I'm not sure why my parents didn't have it corrected, but the end result is that she is the only one of my siblings that has a middle name. None of the rest of us do!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
It's not like I remember, but my parents decided to name my Jeannette when I was born.
Only my mother wanted the simple version Janet. My dad apparently didn't find that good enough, because when he went to the city house to declare my birth he made my name Jeannette.
My mom didn't know this, she found out later and she never liked the version my dad gave me.
Till this day she still writes Jeanet, of Janet, never the full version.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
In the vein of mistaken recordkeeping: when my younger sister was born, her name was supposed to be Annamarie. Whoever filled out her birth certificate put it down as first name: Anna, middle name: Marie. I'm not sure why my parents didn't have it corrected, but the end result is that she is the only one of my siblings that has a middle name. None of the rest of us do!
That's my SIL - her name is AnnMarie Last Name. No middle name but everyone thinks her name is Ann

Reactions: AZK

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This isn't as interesting or unusual as your stories but when I was in HS, I wanted two kids and their names would be Scott and Caitlyn (those of you who know me, which should be all of you LOL- know that I got what I wanted :floorlaugh: )
When my DH and I were only engaged, we talked about kids and I told him that I had two names- too bad if he didn't like them. My theory was that if I was doing the hard work of being pg, *I* got to decide the names.

1996- I have a baby boy, that was easy. Scott.
1998- pg again and I go into preterm labor. I am sobbing in the L&D unit because I don't have a boy's name picked out. What am I going to do if they can't stop the labor and I don't have a name? I was freaking out because I didn't; have a name, what if I couldn't bond with the baby if they were in NICU and DIDN'T HAVE A NAME!
Side note: I was also on a lot of drugs that made my eyes roll in different directions so cut me *some* slack :giggle4:
The good news was that they were able to stop the labor and I went home on bedrest with plenty of time to pick out a boy's name. We prepped Scott that he was going to be a big brother and that if it were a girl, his sister would be Caitlyn and if it was a boy, his name would be James.
I have the baby, it's a girl and Scott goes to see her in the nursery window.

Sure, cool, that's my baby sister. But where is James??

Perhaps-- we prepped him a little too much LOL!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was the first of 3 sisters to get married. My husband's name is Bill.. My youngest sister married a Bill... then my oldest sister married a Bill, too. We would tease my mom that she would always know her son-in-laws' name. Of course, she also had a brother named Bill. So we would refer to them as Kay's Bill, Lois' Bill or Sandy's Bill.

My Dad was 1 of 17 children. When it got down to the last boy, he was given the initials LB. Dad teasingly said it stood for little boy... But LB soon changed it to Elbie with no middle name.