Oscraps

The Passage [Spoilers possible]

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Are any of you reading or watching The Passage?
I read the books several years ago and was totally excited to see that it was going to be a TV series. Hubs and I watched the first episode last night and I was blown away. The hour went by so fast. And now I have to wait until next week to see what happens next. (even though I know a lot of the plotline already! haha!!)

I have to say the actor who plays Amy is insanely good. The entire cast is top notch but she is by far the one who is going to steal the show. Watching her play around with the unicorn was delightful and seeing her cry at the river was heartbreaking.

I think if it stays as good as this first episode, the series will be a fantastic blend of action, emotion, and horror.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I didn't know anything about it but thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Kythe

CHEERY O
No horror or weird stuff for me. Hubby had me watching Stranger Things and Black Mirror but I left the room. I only just finished watching all the Xfiles this last year. That’s how much the creepy stuff gets to me.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If you don't like horror or creepy-- my recommendation is to stay far, far away from the Haunting of Hill House. That was insanely creepy! :behindsofa:

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I watched the trailer, looks exiting. It will be broadcasted in the Netherlands starting Jan. 29, so I will have to wait a while!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well I have joined the local library Chris and have the first book on hold!! Hopefully I can get it this week............ read the short bio about what the series is about and it does sound intriguing! :)

zanthia

CHEERY O
just started watching hill house - so far i like it. creepy IS good!!!

have passage recorded but am going to wait on it.

Marjoleine

I have never heard of the passage. I have to look it up. Is it on Netflix?

My fav genre in movies/series is horror/thriller/mystery/detective kind of movies. I see most of you stay away from these lol.

I've watched the Haunting of Hill House and it's not horror per see in my eyes. It's more drama with once in a while a sweet little jump scare. It's very well thought-out

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I have never heard of the passage. I have to look it up. Is it on Netflix?

My fav genre in movies/series is horror/thriller/mystery/detective kind of movies. I see most of you stay away from these lol.

I've watched the Haunting of Hill House and it's not horror per see in my eyes. It's more drama with once in a while a sweet little jump scare. It's very well thought-out
'

I can handle jump scares. I don't do actually scary though lol

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
HOHH messed with my mind. ha!
This will be ambiguous b/c I don't want to spile, but there is one episode with a certain sound. A couple of days after we watched it, I heard that same sound, again and again to the point where I had to get up to look for it. My dogs also heard this sound and so did Caitlyn, all at the same time. But there was *nowhere* and *nothing* that could have been making the sound. It creeped me out to no end and I typically don't get freaked out by something like that.
I am tellin' ya-- messed with my mind ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Are all of you caught up? I think this week's episode is when everything changes and goes badly. Should be exciting!

So far, I am enjoying this a lot. Carter's backstory is bugging me a tiny bit, but I guess this telling is easier to translate into TV than how it was in the book. I am not letting it get to me. I *adore* Amy, she is amazing!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm behind. I haven't seen anything since the first episode.... I think I'm going to have leave the hubs behind and watch it without him. I'll be caught up by next week and am not reading this thread until then lol

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I did end up watching it without him and I'm glad I did! I liked it and can't wait for next season!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Meant to pop back here ages ago. Finished reading the books and when I got to the second book I started to slow down big time. I think he dragged that book and the last one out quite dramatically.......... and then the ending for me was sort of an anti-climax.

Have watched 3 (or 4) episodes (can't remember) and I am not that hooked on it......... I go back and watch some more when I don't have anything else to watch. lol. I haven't got to break-out bit so maybe it might get a bit more exciting then. And yeah, it's so removed from the book that in a way I feel like I should have just watched the series first without reading the books. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ona- I hate that about really long books, when you wonder why there is so much extra "stuff" in it. Books are always better than the TV/movie.

It has been a long time since I read a book or watch a show that really had me dragged into it.