Oscraps

The Memory Thing...

MrsPeel

so, there is this chat going on in Paula's team, where all of us have memory problems. even someone who is under 40 has a bit of trouble.
MY doctor said even if it is neurological (because I have something that goes beyond the "usual") stress interferes with tests results, so they are waiting for certian things to sort out before going under the CAT & MRI....

I reckon part of the whole thing is to blame on technology...

.. before cel phones, microwaves even, computers, dishwashers and all devices that gets stuff done....we had to memorise things.
I studied in a time in which to get through an exam you needed to read a text book..... now, everything is kind of done by technology, I don't know Sarita's mobile number, because I have it on speel dial in my cel & the house phone.....
so the memory is a bit like a muscle, of you dont use it, atrophia, right?

either that OR......
we are ALL of us intoi early onset Alzhaimers!!!!!!...which is great, as we wont remember that we didn't remember LOL
I panicked until a while ago with the thought, but then I met a woman who is far gone, she thinks she is Queen Victoria and is having the time of her life.....
what do you guys think?
I know some of you mention (nancyR maybe?) having a bit of memory space out thing...
are we just loosing concentration in society as a whole?

Ellen

well I know I've got memory problems but that is due to neurological damage after an accident and you can train your brains.

I think the attention span of todays youth has got shorter judging by the way the telly gives information out , flick from one thing to the next.
They don't need to remember a thing as it's all on line and in the phone just ask google. use it or loose it ,those brains

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yeah, ITA Ellen. I think that having access to just about anything that they need on the computer/smartphone really limits how much they need to use their memory.

For me, the Lyme Disease has short-circuited much of my short-term memory so I rely on a lot of these things-- as well as to-do lists and post it notes when I go "old school."
But "kids these days" I think it is just the way they process information.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I agree with all of that!!!
But it's also a busy-ness and a time thing! So, I thought I always had trouble memorizing lyrics, and I watched as a friend just picked them up and memorized them super fast. But she spent more time thinking about them. When I started really focusing and practicing my songs, I really memorized them quickly! It was a time thing...We don't take the time to practice with our memory. Definitely like working out and using that muscle!! :)

MrsPeel

Sally you are right...I memorize songs no trouble at all...havent thought about that!!!!!

MrsPeel

Sally...are you the woman in the BRT band?
wOw...I bookmarked the two blogs to read later (on my way to sleep now!)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I think it could totally be part of the problem.

I know for me that my issues were all related to my health issues due to leaky gut which is from parasites which led to gluten intolerance which led to a whole host of other issues. Now that I'm finally healing from that, my memory is actually coming back! It was really, really bad for me though, so maybe what you are talking about is more general and random than actual really debilitating memory issues.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sally...are you the woman in the BRT band?
wOw...I bookmarked the two blogs to read later (on my way to sleep now!)
That is her!! I have had the insane pleasure to hear her and her fab hubby sing in person (Vicki too......... but her voice isn't as nice as theirs ... ducks and runs...) and they are just wonderful!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
That is her!! I have had the insane pleasure to hear her and her fab hubby sing in person (Vicki too......... but her voice isn't as nice as theirs ... ducks and runs...) and they are just wonderful!

HEY NOW LADY! lolololololololololol So funny and so TRUE!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:rofl:

We all sang pretty darn good that night, even if the rest of the people in the hotel didn't think so!
:D