Oscraps

Tell me the truth ...

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Today I´m struggling with my layouts, I´m having a hard time to find a good photo for them. So, tell me the truth ... is it me or do you feel the same sometimes.

zanthia

CHEERY O
totally understand where you are coming from Ana. I think part of the reason is that we both use stock photos. Sometimes i find a photo right away i like for a given kit and other times i cant seem to find a good one.

if one uses a personal photo , the scrapper is more intersted in getting that photo scrapped than finding the perfect kit to go with it. it is not that they pick a bad kit though.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Oh I think everyone does feel that way at some point. I know I do. I haven't completed a full page in 4 days. When I get stuck I try to learn a new skill and work on that or leave the computer totally and let things percolate for a while.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I struggle some days too. When that's the case, if time allows, I do something else. If I'm on a deadlines, I just sit down and open photoshop. It eventually begins to flow. If not, then I just recolor elements or work on wordart. I know that's not the same as a layout, but usually it gives me a plces to relax out of the block if that makes sense. I quit thinking about it.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Definitely! I often get stuck when looking for the right photo. I just try to go on and do something else, and eventually I'll know which photo to use.

RJMJ

Oh! I So Feel you today!...I'm feeling that right now!...I think part of my problem is that I've been making layouts for days now...so many for CT's not yet released probably til June mostly...Sometimes I can't find the right photo either because I need to clear my head\mind first from the last layout...& then move forward...My go to for a a creative "head release" as I call it...is my Armin Van Buuren...Trance music...His sets are the best!!!..I'm listening right now as I'm typing...I put on my head phones crank & relax my mind...It helps me clear my head creatively & side effect...makes me happy & dance a bit!!!...even 'chair dancing" as I call it...If you're not into trance...Choose your music of choice & clear your mind that way...whatever music makes you happy!...Armin's mixes always uplift my mood no matter how much pain or how sad I might feel!...This works for me...In fact I should be working on CT layouts...but I need to clear my head too...if music doesn't work for you...I also find depending on my mood...Sometimes it's better to just walk away for awhile...Do something else...anything...watch TV,work out,go for a walk,cook,eat,sleep...whatever mood you're in for awhile...Sometimes after creating multiple layouts for days...I need to chill! & get away from the computer all together...And Other times I go look though the gallery for ideas...or for me...I have A FB page where I post most of my layouts...so I can go look there for my friends layouts & their FB pages & galleries for ideas & inspiration...There is always inspiration out there everywhere...hope this helps dear Ana!!!...You'll find that perfect photo...I know you will...xo Rhonda... #kiss

LSlycord

I lose my mojo when I start thinking that I should have better layouts. I love to scrap photos that are meaningful to me, but I spend a great deal of time in the gallery and I am so in awe of everyone's talent. But my style is very simple. So I sometimes lose my mojo because I want to create the masterpieces that so many of you do. Comparison robs joy...and mojo. LOL

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
totally understand where you are coming from Ana. I think part of the reason is that we both use stock photos. Sometimes i find a photo right away i like for a given kit and other times i cant seem to find a good one.

if one uses a personal photo , the scrapper is more intersted in getting that photo scrapped than finding the perfect kit to go with it. it is not that they pick a bad kit though.
Thank you, Stacey!! good to know that I´m not alone is this, LoL.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh I think everyone does feel that way at some point. I know I do. I haven't completed a full page in 4 days. When I get stuck I try to learn a new skill and work on that or leave the computer totally and let things percolate for a while.
Sometimes that´s the best thing to do ... leave the computer, LoL.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I struggle some days too. When that's the case, if time allows, I do something else. If I'm on a deadlines, I just sit down and open photoshop. It eventually begins to flow. If not, then I just recolor elements or work on wordart. I know that's not the same as a layout, but usually it gives me a plces to relax out of the block if that makes sense. I quit thinking about it.

I see you've come up with a good way to get around the issue, Vicki!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh! I So Feel you today!...I'm feeling that right now!...I think part of my problem is that I've been making layouts for days now...so many for CT's not yet released probably til June mostly...Sometimes I can't find the right photo either because I need to clear my head\mind first from the last layout...& then move forward...My go to for a a creative "head release" as I call it...is my Armin Van Buuren...Trance music...His sets are the best!!!..I'm listening right now as I'm typing...I put on my head phones crank & relax my mind...It helps me clear my head creatively & side effect...makes me happy & dance a bit!!!...even 'chair dancing" as I call it...If you're not into trance...Choose your music of choice & clear your mind that way...whatever music makes you happy!...Armin's mixes always uplift my mood no matter how much pain or how sad I might feel!...This works for me...In fact I should be working on CT layouts...but I need to clear my head too...if music doesn't work for you...I also find depending on my mood...Sometimes it's better to just walk away for awhile...Do something else...anything...watch TV,work out,go for a walk,cook,eat,sleep...whatever mood you're in for awhile...Sometimes after creating multiple layouts for days...I need to chill! & get away from the computer all together...And Other times I go look though the gallery for ideas...or for me...I have A FB page where I post most of my layouts...so I can go look there for my friends layouts & their FB pages & galleries for ideas & inspiration...There is always inspiration out there everywhere...hope this helps dear Ana!!!...You'll find that perfect photo...I know you will...xo Rhonda... #kiss
Thank you so much for the reply, Rhonda!! I'm always listening to music while making a layout. One thing doesn't work without the other, LoL I usually have a harder time finding photos when I do a lot of layouts a day, like you, and yesterday was one of those days. Other times it also depends on the kit I'm using. I´m going to check out on Armin Van Buuren, LoL Hugs and kisses

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I lose my mojo when I start thinking that I should have better layouts. I love to scrap photos that are meaningful to me, but I spend a great deal of time in the gallery and I am so in awe of everyone's talent. But my style is very simple. So I sometimes lose my mojo because I want to create the masterpieces that so many of you do. Comparison robs joy...and mojo. LOL
Oh, don´t do that, Linda!! everyone has their own style and creates from the heart. Don't try to imitate others because you wouldn't be truly being you. Don't make comparisons, different approaches are always very enriching for everyone. xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ana -- BT-Doing That.
Seems like we have all been in that same boat. It can be really frustrating when it happens. Looks like you got a ton of good advice and support xo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I am here right beside all of you! But hey who says you need to have a photo for your page?? Try making a photo-less page and perhaps just add some journaling or some inspirational WordArt.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Ana -- BT-Doing That.
Seems like we have all been in that same boat. It can be really frustrating when it happens. Looks like you got a ton of good advice and support xo
So true, Chris!! this girls are the best and made me feel good again. You can help me by translating "BT-Doing That", sorry I´m Portuguese and things like "BT" or "MIA" are huge enigmas to me, LOL (by now I know what MIA is, but took a lot of time, LOL). xoxo

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I am here right beside all of you! But hey who says you need to have a photo for your page?? Try making a photo-less page and perhaps just add some journaling or some inspirational WordArt.
Thank you so much, Trudy!! sometimes I do that, I skip the photo. I have a problem whit journaling, I feel that I need to write in English for you all to understand and that doesn´t encouragement me to do that. I will probably try to do that in Portuguese. xoxo

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
Thats exactly how I feel.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Oh, I know what you mean... I too get lost in the gallery wanting to scraplift everyone only to end up not being able to decide what I want to do today... feeling like my pages are never good enough compared to everybody else's... when that happens, I go to my IG gallery - which helps me remember I'm not that bad either... comparison is the worst...

Kythe

CHEERY O
Hey all. Everyone is at different stages in their progress. Take a look at your first LO’s and see just how far you have come. If you can’t think of a page to do then suss out a new technique and practice that. Be sure to write down the directions or copy the tut cuz if you don’t use it often you will forget how you did it. #dkThat’s me when I forget which is all too often.

zanthia

CHEERY O
haha! I am the queen of acronyms-- BT-DOing that -- is a spin-off of BTDT - Been there, doing that.
;)
I am native english speaker and did not know either of these abbrev

way too often reading something on the web and it is filled iwht abbreviations and i have no idea what they are.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am native english speaker and did not know either of these abbrev

way too often reading something on the web and it is filled iwht abbreviations and i have no idea what they are.
Since I use a lot of them, don't ever hesitate to ask me what I am trying to say :D

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
About stressing over finding the "right" photo/s to use... if the forum and/or designer allows you to use 'stock photos'... it helps if you have a supply on hand. I use a few of the 'Royalty free stock images' places like Pixabay, Pexel, etc and do a search there using color/description/people/etc. I usually will see photos that may not work for what I am looking for at that time but I like the image so I download them in a folder with the name of where I found them. Do be aware that using images from elsewhere on the internet may not be Royalty free so I don't use them. I also have a supply of photos from family and friends who have given me permission to use their photos. Yes, I always ask before using them... and some may not wish to have their photo/image (especially of their children) of posted in LOs on the internet.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hey all. Everyone is at different stages in their progress. Take a look at your first LO’s and see just how far you have come. If you can’t think of a page to do then suss out a new technique and practice that. Be sure to write down the directions or copy the tut cuz if you don’t use it often you will forget how you did it. #dkThat’s me when I forget which is all too often.
Both of these are excellent suggestions.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh, I know what you mean... I too get lost in the gallery wanting to scraplift everyone only to end up not being able to decide what I want to do today... feeling like my pages are never good enough compared to everybody else's... when that happens, I go to my IG gallery - which helps me remember I'm not that bad either... comparison is the worst...
You layout are awesome, Olga!! #kiss