Oscraps

storm Ciara

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
In Europe there was code orange yesterday because of the Ciara storm. I must say that we are spared from extreme weather conditions in our regions.
I have not seen any news, but i think it seemed to be not too bad with the damage everywhere.
Not like i ever see on TV when there is a hurricane in America.

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
this storm kept me awake most of the night. Strong wind shakes the house (announced up to 160 km / h but I did not go out to check! :sad: :redface: ) this morning the wind is still very strong and it is raining very seriously .....
it will be a day for update computer and scrap duties !

margje

The O is awesOme
It was a bit frightening last evening and night! And its still stormy here in the Netherlands! But we have no damage so far!

We live in North Wales in the U.K. and are very lucky as we live on a hill and there are no rivers around us we did get very windy weather yesterday and tons of rain but as I said for us we are very lucky we did not get the damage some places had with the floods and the trees blown down onto cars one man was trapped for hours before the emergency services rescued him he was luckily unhurt... half a cafe building was demolished we saw it on the news the foundations just collapsed into the water and the coast was ferocious with the waves lapping up and over the sea towns.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh my goodness! I am glad that you are all safe. Is Ciara considered to be like a hurricane? You don't get them in the EU/UK, right? I have lived through a few of them and then Super Storm Sandy and they aren't fun.
Mary, I hope that the one building was the only one that collapsed and that no one else had too much damage.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
No, totally not like a hurricane, I think wind gusts were predicted up to 130 km, and 110 was measured on the coast according to the news.
I don't think there are any hurricanes in Belgium, but girls correct me if i am wrong

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I checked, KNMI (our weather experts) says hurricanes are winds over 117 km/hour.

I was out yesterday, on the road in our car, and you could feel lots of wind gusts. I was glad I was not driving myself. We saw 1 tree partly over the road, but that was it.
Home again before the storm was at its peak.

this morning there was still a lot of wind, and when I went for my walk I saw lots of branches from trees on the ground, but mostly broken off dead wood not ripped of branches.

For us this is bad weather, thankfully not the storms or hurricanes you see on tv!

JustJayne

A friend of mine, who lives in Cornwall, had a bit of a scare when a tile off her neighbour's roof came flying through her bedroom window. She said it was lucky it wasn't a few hours earlier, when she would have been still in bed. It happened about 10 am and the bed and floor were covered in broken glass!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Jayne, that must have been terrifying for your friend!
I hope that the winds have died down by now and no one has any more damage to deal with.

Ellen

We were treated to the full spectacle being on the west-coast of Scotland.
galeforce wind- snow-rain- sleet, hailstorms and then thunder.
It struck somewhere in our village ( all of 12 houses !) a very loud bang at 5 in the morning. This fried our router and no electricity till 11 at night. The electricity company worked flat out to restore it . 7 transformators were fried by the surge.
Several of the masts that had satellite connections on it broke.
Local flooding, trees down etc.
Yesterday it was cold but sunny and the next storm is on it's way for the weekend. Batten the hatches time.

Danesa

Danesa
I saw this on the news and wow it was pretty horrific in places. I'm glad you are all safe and I hope your weather has settled down.