Oscraps

Soooooo....we got a new puppy!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
As you know, we lost our beloved Rocky. He is so loved and missed. We still have Molly at home and didn't want her to be alone so we adopted a rescue pup. It turns out, Molly can't stand him! Hopefully that will get better with time! We are trying to make the adjustment as smooth for her as possible and give her lots of love and treats. It is sad to watch her look for Rocky outside. We took her to the vet's when we had to put Rocky down and she came in the room after he had passed but I still don't think she understood. He was such a fantastic boy and so smart and sweet. Our new pup, Charlie, will not take the place of Rocky but will have his own place in our hearts.
Also, I've been off of the internet since Sunday. Charlie found our internet fiber optic cable and chewed it to pieces! Our new cable came last night. Here is a photo of Charlie:Charlie.jpg

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Awwwwwww, Charlie is SO adorable, Evelyn, even if he did your cable. I'm sure Molly and Charlie will be great friends in time. :hug3::hug4:
Thank you so much, Cheryl! Molly growls at him off and on because he wants to play and she wants none of it. It does seem that it gets a little better each day. I want them to be friends like she was with Rocky.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Charlie is adorable! We just got a new dog too. While he is 2 -3 years old (not sure), our 8 year old dog doesn't want anything to do with him. We are hoping they become friends, like you are hoping with Charlie and Molly. Crossing fingers for both of us.
Thank you, Karen and congratulations on your new pup! I hope your dogs become best friends too!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh what a sweetie!!! Charlie looks like a little angel!!! :giggle4: I am sure that he and Molly will soon become friends as they get to spend more and more time with each other. :hug2:

Years ago we got a little Fox terrier as a pup, didn't have a clue as to what to name him but when we got home one night after work I found two pairs of shoes all chewed up and a few other things!!! We had to name him Chewie of course!!!! lol! His three offsprings didn't inherit that chewing gene thank goodness! Chewie left us in 2017 but his two boys and one girl (and their Mum), continue to bring joy to our life with their antics! :heartpumppink:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh what a sweetie!!! Charlie looks like a little angel!!! :giggle4: I am sure that he and Molly will soon become friends as they get to spend more and more time with each other. :hug2:

Years ago we got a little Fox terrier as a pup, didn't have a clue as to what to name him but when we got home one night after work I found two pairs of shoes all chewed up and a few other things!!! We had to name him Chewie of course!!!! lol! His three offsprings didn't inherit that chewing gene thank goodness! Chewie left us in 2017 but his two boys and one girl (and their Mum), continue to bring joy to our life with their antics! :heartpumppink:
Oh, Ona! Fox terriers are such cute dogs and have so much personality! I know Chewie is missed but I am so happy you have his wonderful three pups and their momma! We have had so many wonderful fur babies through the years. Each one holds their own special place in our hearts!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
OH my goodness...well HELLO to sweet Charlie!!! :dancingbfly: Yeah, he IS a young pup so your sweet Molly is probably uber annoyed, and misses Rocky :heartpumpred: Puppies can be VERY annoying and chew up so much stuff, and be overly playful...speaking from experience. The first dog we had was actually given to me as a birthday gift, but it was because my SIL found 2 puppies abandoned at a dog park. She kept one, and asked Tim if she could give the other to me as a Bday gift. I ended up throwing that puppy off of me one night because it was biting me constantly! We DID keep her, named her Daisy, she did calm down, but trying to deal with her the first several days was horrible for me, personally. I was like "aww, this is my gift" and she was constantly biting me...it wasn't fun...LOL Daisy also chewed through very expensive (at the time) HDMI cables and a lot of the carpet on the bottom steps of the stairs :hiding2: I don't miss those puppy days...I prefer cats now...and snakes are even better :giggle4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Charlie is so cute!!! He'll settle in, it takes some time.

We had a terrible time when we first rescued Whisky. She was a street dog and had a lot of resources guarding issues and the two of them would fight and bite. Each other and us. Now they are inseparable.
One thing that I didn't know previously is that it is not uncommon for the rivalries to reappear after 6 months. That took us by surprise and we weren't sure if we were going to rehome W at that point. We went back to some of the earlier transitioning steps and it resolved itself.

Can't wait to see lots and lots of photos!

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
As you know, we lost our beloved Rocky. He is so loved and missed. We still have Molly at home and didn't want her to be alone so we adopted a rescue pup. It turns out, Molly can't stand him! Hopefully that will get better with time! We are trying to make the adjustment as smooth for her as possible and give her lots of love and treats. It is sad to watch her look for Rocky outside. We took her to the vet's when we had to put Rocky down and she came in the room after he had passed but I still don't think she understood. He was such a fantastic boy and so smart and sweet. Our new pup, Charlie, will not take the place of Rocky but will have his own place in our hearts.
Also, I've been off of the internet since Sunday. Charlie found our internet fiber optic cable and chewed it to pieces! Our new cable came last night. Here is a photo of Charlie:View attachment 423240

Why is it that it's always the sweet, innocent looking ones that chew the cable. He really does look like a sweetheart. The heart is an amazing thing, it breaks but the love doesn't leak out, it's a pathway to loving again in a new way.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Charlie is adorable. Hopefully, he and Molly will soon be fast friends.

Maybe this story will provide a little hope. When we brought Inuyasha home, our cat Coco made a sound I had never before. He was clearly very displeased. Eventually, the two of them had the best relationship I've ever seen between a cat and a dog. They loved each other.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
OH my goodness...well HELLO to sweet Charlie!!! :dancingbfly: Yeah, he IS a young pup so your sweet Molly is probably uber annoyed, and misses Rocky :heartpumpred: Puppies can be VERY annoying and chew up so much stuff, and be overly playful...speaking from experience. The first dog we had was actually given to me as a birthday gift, but it was because my SIL found 2 puppies abandoned at a dog park. She kept one, and asked Tim if she could give the other to me as a Bday gift. I ended up throwing that puppy off of me one night because it was biting me constantly! We DID keep her, named her Daisy, she did calm down, but trying to deal with her the first several days was horrible for me, personally. I was like "aww, this is my gift" and she was constantly biting me...it wasn't fun...LOL Daisy also chewed through very expensive (at the time) HDMI cables and a lot of the carpet on the bottom steps of the stairs :hiding2: I don't miss those puppy days...I prefer cats now...and snakes are even better :giggle4:
I know what you mean about puppy biting! Charlie's puppy teeth are like little needles! Apparently he is a pup who likes to mouth so I am trying to teach him to be gentle. He is pretty sweet most of the time but does tend to get more hyper at night. I read that puppies teeth until six months so we still have two more months!:surprised2: