Oscraps

So frustrating!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
So, I am just taking a little break from attempting to do my taxes. I have been using TurboTax for years but for some reason this year it is giving me a very hard time. It keeps making me sign in over and over again and isn't loading and is making me crazy after messing with it for the past almost hour and getting zilch done. Not zilch as in hardly anything but zilch as in really not a thing. All I was trying to do was input my last W-2 but it is just not cooperating. maybe tomorrow will be better. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Last year we had totally insane issues with the Its Deductible Part.
It said we had an account, but then it wouldn't recognize it. :mad:

The only thing to do is to put it all aside and try later. Better luck for you!

t_a_l_i

Oh no! I hope it straightens out for you. We used it last week and now are just tapping our toes waiting for the refund. ;)

lemonyr

Ugh. I *hate* tax time!! What a pain in the wazoo...don't have all of our paperwork yet, but I'm sure I'll be in the same boat as you by the end of the week! Blech... Good luck gettin' them done!

Genevieve

Ninja Admin
Blech blech blech! We always do TurboTax, too, and we inevitably encounter similar difficulties! LOL Hope you get it worked out!

mrstoa

mrstoa
You all deserve a medal for doing your taxes.
We get an accountant to do ours (Canada) To me it's money well spent! Almost as much as buying goodies from OScraps!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Yay!! It was working today and aside from finding my paperwork for refinancing my house I think we are pretty good and getting a decent refund. I cannot bring myself to pay the crappy percentage to have someone do when I can do it myself for $30. But I do get frustrated.

LindaPete

I hate, hate, hate getting the taxes done. I always end up doing it by myself ( we use a tax preparer) but Mr. Wonderful is always out of town it seems. Then I call him when they are done and he's mad that we don't get more back .......... Grrrrr. I get to do that next week! Yippee Skippy!

Inkspots

Glad you got it worked out Clara. We're one of those weirdos that looks forward to tax time and tries to get it done as soon as possible. Since we've never really had stability from one year to another, DH always pays more so we can get a return. Not sure if that will be the case next year though.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
We are the same way for taxes. As soon as I get the last form I need I get right to it. I don't know what my computer's issue was the other day. I was doing it at work and I was also trying to do some downloads...so...who knows. It was a happy computer today. The best part about work computers is that they don't die and when there are problems they get fixed really quick. I'm also really excited because I got Mozilla on it and the censors don't work on Mozilla so I can go to any site I want, well except for Turbo Tax on Mondays apparently. If only I could find a way to get Photoshop on my work computer so that I didn't have to use my crappy laptop I'd be set. The last office I was in the computer guy hooked me up and left off the administrator blocks so I could download programs onto it. I don't need a new computer now so he can't do that now. So sad. But taxes are almost done and we can get some new couches and a new floor I think. We'll see what we decide on. Last year it was a deck, a new bathroom and a wardrobe thing from Ikea. Tax time rocks!! We get a lot of paychecks so we always claim zero. I'm afraid if we even claimed 1 we would get screwed so we don't mess with it.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yay Clara!!! For the most part Turbo Tax is so easy to use, I don't know why people who have pretty simple tax filing don't use it.
Last year was difficult for us, we had some of Gary's salary (he worked part of 07), plus my salary that had no taxes withheld, as I am "Independent Contractor." Add in some stocks that I sold, plus out last disability checks....
But at least we got a bit back- we had soooo m any medical deductions.

This year, I don't know what is going to happen. He has had no salary or disability, no stocks sold (cuz they are worth nothing!), and my salary still had no withholding. I am not sure if I'll need to pay, or just not owe, since our income is below povery line ATM.

I sure wish I was getting something back ;)
In the good old days we used to bank most of it and then use the rest to put for a vacation. Ahhh, memories hahahah

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
You know CHris - with your decline in income this year you could end up getting a bit back. I know of people who paid nothing into taxes who got money back, so good luck to you on that. I feel the same way about TurboTax. This girl I work with paid $500 for her taxes. $500? Really?? That is money I worked to get. I'm not giving it away just so that I can get my taxes back tomorrow. That is craziness to me. Have you used turbotax yet this year? It is kinda funny. I think it was there last year too, but there was a little blurb that said "our lawyers made us do this" then when I was filling out the info about my student loan it something along the lines of "The feds made us ask this" when asking about felonies or drug charges or something like that. It made me laugh to see a large company throwing a little bit of silliness into their program instead of being all formal all of the time. I am sooooooooo not a formal type. But, yeah, love turbotax. I have helped so many people with their taxes even though they don't need any help, except for a friend of mine who was in the hospital for a very long time and really couldn't do his own taxes. Go TurboTax!!