Oscraps

Snow?

Jeannette

CHEERY O
We did have snow in the Netherlands, but just a little bit. We do not often get snow anymore. When I was a kid we had snow every year. I miss that, because I love snow!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We got snow about 4-5" yesterday - not that much for my area but because the temps are so cold, anything that had been de-iced- like the roads- is now a sheet of ice.
It's 12*F now and I don't think we'll get over 20* today.
ETA: I am in Northern NJ and typically we get quite a bit of snow. We haven't in the past few years. This winter we have been flipping between flooding and snow, then snow and more rainfall/flooding.

How many days until summer??????

bkasko

CHEERY O
We only got a little bit last night but weatherman says there will be more today and that it will snow for the next 3 days so we will see.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I saw that, Evelyn! That had to cripple your area! We have about 3 inches and it's unusually cold here - our winters are generally fairly moderate. We got caught up in that big storm, too.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We did have snow in the Netherlands, but just a little bit. We do not often get snow anymore. When I was a kid we had snow every year. I miss that, because I love snow!
Oh, Jeannette! I would miss the snow too! I lived in Germany as a child and we got lots of snow. That was in the 60's and early 70's. I always loved snow.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We got snow about 4-5" yesterday - not that much for my area but because the temps are so cold, anything that had been de-iced- like the roads- is now a sheet of ice.
It's 12*F now and I don't think we'll get over 20* today.
ETA: I am in Northern NJ and typically we get quite a bit of snow. We haven't in the past few years. This winter we have been flipping between flooding and snow, then snow and more rainfall/flooding.

How many days until summer??????
Oh, rainfall and flooding is so terrible to deal with. I hope you stay warm and safe in the snow and ice. Of course, you know how to drive in it and your road crews are equipped to deal with it. Here, people don't know how to drive in snowy/icy road conditions unless they are originally from the North. Our road crews also have a hard time keeping up.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We only got a little bit last night but weatherman says there will be more today and that it will snow for the next 3 days so we will see.
I know that you are used to snowy weather! Have fun and stay warm!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I saw that, Evelyn! That had to cripple your area! We have about 3 inches and it's unusually cold here - our winters are generally fairly moderate. We got caught up in that big storm, too.
Yes, Cheryl, it was hard on our area. Fortunately, the interstates are in good shape and most of the main roads. The back roads and side streets are still covered up. We have a chance for snow tomorrow so we will have to see how things progress. I hope you stay warm and safe!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Yes, Cheryl, it was hard on our area. Fortunately, the interstates are in good shape and most of the main roads. The back roads and side streets are still covered up. We have a chance for snow tomorrow so we will have to see how things progress. I hope you stay warm and safe!
It's the same here; the backroads are still pretty treacherous. Hopefully, you won't get too much more (if any) snow.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Yes we have lots of snow today and more on the way tomorrow at least 6-7 inches overnight and it’s still snowing. When we were young we used to get lots of snow every winter, but now it seems to only really hit us once or twice a winter and not much in the way of accumulation. It is nice to see so that we have some snow pack on the mountains for the spring run off, but I don’t like having to shovel our very steep driveway. Sure looks pretty though! I live on Vancouver Island, so we usually have very mild winters but the last week has been a deep freeze! I am happy that the temps are back to mild again!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I think I am 2-3 hours from you, my little town got maybe an inch, but I heard that Huntsville got a lot more than that! It is still FREEZING here, tons of ice everywhere.... :brrr:

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Well, what can I say about this? Portugal is not exactly a snowy country. It usually only snows in our highest mountain range (which doesn't reach 2000 meters) and this doesn't happen every year. But, as incredible as it may seem, I already witnessed snowfall in Setúbal about twenty years ago (lived there at the time), a city that generally has temperatures between 7º and 30º.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh, rainfall and flooding is so terrible to deal with. I hope you stay warm and safe in the snow and ice. Of course, you know how to drive in it and your road crews are equipped to deal with it. Here, people don't know how to drive in snowy/icy road conditions unless they are originally from the North. Our road crews also have a hard time keeping up.
This is true on one hand. OTOH-- I live in Northern NJ, not known for its patient and courteous drivers no matter what the weather :angrydriver:

zanthia

CHEERY O
got several inches this past week along with frigid temps . this is KC area. Being outside in this for 5 minutes is awful. imagine being outside for hours - the people at the football game last weekend.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Yes we have lots of snow today and more on the way tomorrow at least 6-7 inches overnight and it’s still snowing. When we were young we used to get lots of snow every winter, but now it seems to only really hit us once or twice a winter and not much in the way of accumulation. It is nice to see so that we have some snow pack on the mountains for the spring run off, but I don’t like having to shovel our very steep driveway. Sure looks pretty though! I live on Vancouver Island, so we usually have very mild winters but the last week has been a deep freeze! I am happy that the temps are back to mild again!
Wow! I bet Vancouver Island is beautiful!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
got several inches this past week along with frigid temps . this is KC area. Being outside in this for 5 minutes is awful. imagine being outside for hours - the people at the football game last weekend.
That football game was something else! We went to college in Springfield, MO and I have friends from KC. They are crazy about their football!

zanthia

CHEERY O
That football game was something else! We went to college in Springfield, MO and I have friends from KC. They are crazy about their football!
and the last few months , chiefs are constantly on tv news and its nothing to do with football ---all because of taylor.

previously lived in seattle and they are nuts about football there too. at least there they held free fan fests . here never seen anything like that. If they did have no doubt it would be paid.