Oscraps

Shout It to the Rooftops! Heritage LOs in the Gallery

mcurtt

I am so sorry. I have dropped the ball and haven't been posting my heritage pages here. Many of my digi friends know that the love of my life passed away in April 2023. And life has definitely not been the same since. Yesterday would have been our 50th wedding anniversary. He would have turned 75 on June 18. I'm dealing with maintaining 2.5 acres of woods/property, attempting to sell his business (he was a guitarist & shop owner & luthier & audiophile) and then ensuring that the house does not fall down on me. LOL.

Heritage pages are still one of my great loves for layouts. I've been busy scanning in photos from my 97 year old MIL from when she was a child. Then there are 5000 family & vacation slides from my MIL & DH's paternal grandparents, I've got about 700 of them done so far, but when I have to work on the property, I don't scan.

I will share with you some of my heritage layouts posted at Oscraps to get me caught up. Again, I apologize for my lapse. I hope you don't mind, but I posted them in separate replies. Figured it might be too confusing, especially with the dialog I've included.

Last edited:

mcurtt

Here is my dad's youngest sister, circa 1940. These photos were given to me from her oldest son after she passed away in her 90's. I love that these were taken in the original type of photo booth, the kind that you'd find in a dime store. My journaling is in there, co-mingled with all of the ephemera. At first I couldn't figure out what was on her face, I was going to touch it up. And then I realized it was netting from her hat. Another thing you don't see very often these days.

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Wow Marilyn, your pages are simply stunning, I just love your artistry and always stop at your layouts when I see them in other galleries, Facebook or Insta! I find them so interesting and beautifully crafted! Moving forward in this world without your dearest other half beside you is no doubt a hard and scary thing to do, but I am glad that you are continuing to scrap and capture all of your wonderful memories of him and your life together. Sending big hugs sweetie! :hug2: :heartpumpred:

That last layout of your MIL is simply priceless, what a character she must have been growing up! Did she ever settle down as she grew older? lol! I hope not! :giggle4: The last two with John in them are real gems as well, your designs for both of them are so fabulous! ♥

mcurtt

Wow Marilyn, your pages are simply stunning, I just love your artistry and always stop at your layouts when I see them in other galleries, Facebook or Insta! I find them so interesting and beautifully crafted! Moving forward in this world without your dearest other half beside you is no doubt a hard and scary thing to do, but I am glad that you are continuing to scrap and capture all of your wonderful memories of him and your life together. Sending big hugs sweetie! :hug2: :heartpumpred:

That last layout of your MIL is simply priceless, what a character she must have been growing up! Did she ever settle down as she grew older? lol! I hope not! :giggle4: The last two with John in them are real gems as well, your designs for both of them are so fabulous! ♥
Hi Ona, Thank you for your kind words. And yes, it has been a roller coaster of emotions here.

My MIL is definitely quite the character. She has outlived 4 sons. When I met her, she was a parent to five mostly adult children, plus caregiver to her DH who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in his early 30's. So life was not fun for her. They had purchased a 90 acre farm, her husband's dream. She was a city girl, so I'm sure it was quite the adjustment. But fast forward to the present. She is having a harder time communicating now, knows what she wants to say, but sometimes the words just don't come to mind. She loves watching anything political, still reads and political books are her favorite. She uses a walker to get around. Up until February 2023, she was living alone in her home. Now she lives in a condo with her oldest daughter who cares very much for her. They are two peas in a pod.