Oscraps

September Art Journaling Challenge, Week 1 - FOCUS

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Welcome to the September Art Journaling Challenge, Week 1. Our word prompt for this month is FOCUS. "Focus" can be understood as a state of mental clarity and directed intention. It involves:

- concentration: The ability to direct all of your mental energy towards a single task, idea, or goal, blocking out distractions.
- Presence: Being fully engaged in the present moment, without your mind wandering to other thoughts, worries, or distractions.
- Purpose: A deeper sense of focus is often tied to a sense of purpose or meaning. When someone is truly focused, it often means they are aligned with something that is deeply important to them, whether it's a goal, a value, or a passion.

Focus can also relate to mindfulness and awareness, where being focused means having a clear, calm, and centered mind. It is about tuning into the present moment, being aware of one’s thoughts, feelings, and environment, and not letting the mind be scattered or preoccupied by unnecessary distractions.

Here are some synonyms for the word "focus":
  • Concentration
  • Attention
  • Emphasis
  • Center
  • Target
  • Priority
  • Core
  • Focal point
  • Hub
  • Convergence
  • Aim
  • Objective
  • Direct
  • Highlight
  • Nucleus

Quotes about focus

1. ""The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus."— Bruce Lee
  2. "Where focus goes, energy flows."— Tony Robbins
  3. "Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."— Alexander Graham Bell
  4. "Your life is controlled by what you focus on."— Tony Robbins
  5. "The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is."— Eckhart Tolle
  6. "The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down."— Stephen Richards
  7. "Spirituality is not adopting more beliefs and assumptions but uncovering the best in you."— Amit Ray
  8. "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."— Aristotle Onassis
  9. "Focus is the bridge between dreams and reality."— Unknown
  10. "Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions."— Pema Chödrön
Here is my layout.

page005a.jpg

You can choose to do a single page/tag/TN each week, or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.
Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.
Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.
I can't wait to see what you have to share about the prompt FOCUS

Challenge Rules:

You have until 11:59 p.m. CST on SEPTEMBER 30 to complete your pages for this challenge.

1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button

Last edited:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Sonja!!! You put a picture on your page!!! Awesome!! I love it!

char8182

Sonia, you hit the nail on the head with your layout...Weight loss has been an ongoing issue for me ever since I quit smoking 40 years ago; an up and down rollercoaster of emotions highs and lows. It works, it doesn't work, I'm eating out of emotional stress; I'm in Weightwatchers and exercising, and then I'm not. I weighed myself a couple days ago and I was a pound or two from my all-time highest weight and that has stopped me in my tracks. I'll be 75 this month and want to be healthy and relieve some aches and pains, so I have to be willing to do what is best for me and my body. God helps those who help themselves.

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Sonia, you hit the nail on the head with your layout...Weight loss has been an ongoing issue for me ever since I quit smoking 40 years ago; an up and down rollercoaster of emotions highs and lows. It works, it doesn't work, I'm eating out of emotional stress; I'm in Weightwatchers and exercising, and then I'm not. I weighed myself a couple days ago and I was a pound or two from my all-time highest weight and that has stopped me in my tracks. I'll be 75 this month and want to be healthy and relieve some aches and pains, so I have to be willing to do what is best for me and my body. God helps those who help themselves.
It sounds like you’ve been through quite a journey, and I want you to know that your persistence is truly inspiring. The fact that you’ve been mindful of your health for so many years, even through the ups and downs, shows a strength of character that’s worth celebrating. It’s completely normal to feel a bit disheartened at times, especially when the scale doesn’t reflect all the effort you’ve put in. But remember, every step you take towards taking care of yourself is a victory, no matter how small it may seem.

AK_Tracy

I'm loving all these pages. My focus is missing on AJ this week. I think I'm too busy to stop and think but I plan to do so sooner then Oct 1 :giggle4:

scrap-genie

In 2023 my word was Aware and I had a post it note by my computer to remind me. Sometimes it worked. I did a LO for it back then too. Anyway, I've tried that aspect of FOCUS.